Treasure CAMPING in spawn for points.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by player24148084, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Tricia

Tricia Active Member Staff Member Moderator

Suggested about afk players boot has send

Bejszi likes this.
  2. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

YAYYY!
    What about divide players in tiers based on their BP, so that everyone can have a fair play in DT/GT? We cannot accept to have 10K against players over ten times above their BP... it's no game for them and they rightfully leave (disgruntled), which is no good to the game. Or anyone.

3. Tricia

Tricia Active Member Staff Member Moderator

That has been also suggested so let see

Sairi and Bejszi like this.
  4. Neamhain

Thanks Tricia!

5. Ravens

Ravens Active Member

What ever happened with this? I barley have done this since then.

6. S31 Ginger Snap

S31 Ginger Snap Active Member

you do realise that would mean people cant play if there is no one of a similar bp around?

7. Neamhain

You do realise that higher BPs have far more important tasks to complete daily now, such as mirror for example, which take hours and hours during the day? That certainly keep them away from DT/GT which on average is played by lower BP trying to get cards to make gods (which high BP can buy faster elsewhere).

Those high BP are a total of about 30 people from different countries - which could bode well in terms of finding one another, time wise, for a game. Also, as they have a lot ongoing now with the new relive event made for them, if they can't play DT/GT won't be a major loss to them. They anyway play much less already, due to time/tasks constraints. Thousands more would instead benefit from being able to play BP based and we need them more, to save our servers and keeping them alive.

Perhaps we should consider to have a special arena for the high BPs where to fight among themselves, but to be honest they got so much ongoin right now that we rarely see them play anyway. There's not much for them in DT/GT, let's be honest.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  8. s91.Adam Kruf

s91.Adam Kruf Active Member

I started to go more and more afk, in particular in God's Treasure. There are several reasons:
    - if you have a strong player on the other side, you loose. That ppl will hold the middle, kill the opposing team or both.
    - if you are the strong player, it happens more and more frequently that much weaker players from your team try to grab the middle treasure. This will likely not change the winning team, but it will negatively impact the amount of treasure you collect and thus lead to less ranking points.

Both ways are in line with the game rules and thus cannot be objected to as "exploit", "against the rules" or whatever. In my personal opinion, however, the first option is kind of boring, in particular when being on the loosing team, while the second option makes me angry if I am the strong player. Hence, in these two cases I regularly go afk. This is also in line with the game rules.

The idea to kick players who are afk from treasure eliminates my choice. This does not improve the situation, quite the contrary. The treasure rewards are nice, really nice, and I want to collect them. When I am forced to actively play - because I am auto.kicked if I go afk - chances are sooner or later I as well as others will run rampage and mutate into killing machines. I do not want to move there, and I have doubts this will make treasure more attractive.

So, while I agree that having treasure with players sitting afk is not attractive, I seriously disagree with the auto-kick of players who are afk.

9. S31 Ginger Snap

yeah you really do not get the point, its not about the high bps, lets say there is no one around within 2 mil of you...you dont get to play, lets say you have 2 million bp and theres no other simiar players around...you dont get to play...lets say you have 500k and everytone is too high thats around for you, you dont get to play.

you really have not thought this through, in addition you only have to see cst to see exactly how many of the high bps are all around at the same time, mostly me and kelly....that is two people.

you are effectively suggesting crippling almost all peoples game experience, its such a bad idea there are no words for how bad it is...

in addition, using your 2 million as an example, that means the only people me and kelly could face are ...me and kelly there is no one else within 4 million of us...and as amazingly strong as those people might seem to you they (at the moment) really are not able to stand up to us in a fight

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Bejszi likes this.
  10. Neamhain

I think it's you not getting a major point, sorry. That point is that high BPs do not need to play DT/GT, they have plenty of events where to gain what they actually need (not those cards, or the little things they can buy from treasure store) and thus if they did not play it they wouldn't lose out on a thing. Furthermore, as said, they don't even have much time to spare for that event, as highlighted by your own post somewhere else: they spend hours doing mirror and MM/TW/Relive.

For once we could - and should, methink - all focus on what keeps servers alive: that is numbers (which high BPs don't make), so non-paying and small spenders who are those with lower BPs. After all it's just one CS where bigs don't gain much; they could do without (and many have almost quitted it already).

Adam, which "nice" rewards are you talking of, apt stones? We could ask them to be put elsewhere too.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  11. s91.Adam Kruf

For starters, the rewards for winning, doing 2 runs and getting 50 medals: sapphires, costume fostering, black market refreshment tokens, a level 3 gem and 2 wish coins. You need 3 wish coins per day for the spirit XP. Then you have the ranking points, again wish coins and sapphires. The wish coins are nice for the Goddess Blessing, you need many of those. You can also do a lot with the medals themselves: costume fostering, gems, runes and of course the aptitude stones.

So, all things considered, yes the rewards are nice. Regular collection is required to benefit. Many strong players I know do at least 2 runs a day.

Why do you say that high BP do not need to play DT/GT? Isn't that their decision, where they spend their time?

On the one hand, you dislike players being afk, on the other hand, there seems to be an issue with a strong player dominating. Come on, you cannot have both at the same time. In my personal experience, many strong players are quite reasonable and do consider that weaker players also want and need to collect. I got my daily wins when I had around 500k BP, I get my daily wins now with 8 Mill, and I try not to impose myself too much in Treasure. And yes, I have runs dominated by some really heavy hitter, but it is over after 10 minutes:)

Basically, the current setup has its drawbacks. We can cope with that by being reasonable. I do not see any change which would be an improvement.

Mia[24550857]_1 and Bejszi like this.
  12. Olathe_Rose

Olathe_Rose Member

I have been actively playing DT/GT since i had 1mil BP. I am now almost 3mil BP. Kicking non active players is not an option. What would be the benefit, anyway? The teams are based on the number of subscribed people (20 people per game). The scoring is the same, based on farming points, on kills and on number of previously played daily games. So, it makes no relevance is people stay afk or not, except that it makes the games take longer time. But it has been already pointed out enough times that lower BPs have a decorative role only because they can't do anything, unless the higher BPs of the same team protect them against the medal hunters from the losing team (usually). So it's a matter of common sense rather than a glitch.

13. S31 Ginger Snap

Hey you can tell yourself and only yourself what parts of the game you should play...I can tell you i could use some of those rewards you in fact cant get elsewhere, but i choose not to play because I dont care to wantonly slaughter people, I only play kf/war because I have to for noble rank. in all honesty id rather not play pvp at all.

14. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Of course you can ask. But:
    1. Where is written that devs will listen to you?
    2. Is only reason to put them elsewhere that you don't want big hitters in DT/GT? Seriously? Because it seems so.

15. Neamhain

Other players could join the teams, actively, in place of the afk who got kicked out.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  16. Neamhain

What your comment even means? (see point 1) I don't get your point here.

On another note, it is NOT just me saying high BPs are - unwillingly, of course - discouraging lower BPs from playing. It's a fact, furthermore, so yes, seriously it would be better to create a special arena for them, say from 7/8M up? They do not even need those things Adam listed, for they can get them in other events shops - which lower BPs cannot make use of because they do not score enough points to buy rewards.

17. Neamhain

As if high BPs couldn't buy these items in other events shops :rolleyes:
    Some of you seem to have no consideration for the hundreds of lower BPs who cannot score points when bigs are around in DT/GT.
    You keep dismissing the fact that high BPs can buy those rewards everywhere, while lower only in fewer shops. You keep ignoring that in reality high BPs don't really need to play there to get said items, for those items have little impact on their skills and stats.

And lately they are too busy with other events, so many of them don't ever enter anymore those arenas - which proves my point: they do not need those items that badly as lower BPs.
    Worse, you keep ignoring that servers are kept alive by lower BPs which are many more than the big spenders. Discouraging them, having them beaten up constantly with no way to score enough medals to buy those items is counter productive to the good of the game itself: they will leave, as it happens.

So I wonder, why do you have so little consideration for their needs?
    It's not that DT/GT are giving rewards you can't buy elsewhere, or that you need them guys.

Adam: it's very easy to not have afk people. It is also to have a special arena for players above a certain BP, to let lower BPs play among themselves.

18. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

I just wonder what's going on.
    You dislike afkers (as I do) and then you are seen afking in event...
    You dislike big bps killing lowbies and then you go and kill them... Why 7/8m bp? Does this number have some certain reason to be like that?
    You talk about small players able to reach some things and how important they are and then you go and complain about free players having too much free stuff now?

I am lost.

19. Neamhain

Who said I "dislike" those things? You, not I.
    It is just not fair to those active to lose the game because some players cannot bother to play it once they clicked onto "enter".

I don't "go kill them": I am simply forced to play the game as it is and that is why I am advocating for separate arenas: I don't find it fair towards lower BPs, and yet if we want to play they get killed.
    I am being sensible here in considering also lower BPs needs. Why not?

7/8M because by now a great number of players have reached that BP - due to how long they have been playing. Wanna do 6? 5? Again: why not, why not trying to help them instead of always thinking of our own interest?

The last arrived are those who will keep the servers alive, for in time the older players get tired, bored or best of both and leave. Why shouldn't we think of a way to help them grow, instead of having them slaugthered constantly, which discourages them? What bad can do to have separate arenas for players with much higher BP? From 6/7 M we can still enjoy a game with the bigs, what's the matter about having BP based arenas? Players will still score.

As for the free players getting free stuff, if you refer to relive I do not find fair that it's based on level. Besides, the difference there is that free players can gain special skills; it is not the same as buying identical items in a different shop, is it?

LL1[25792001]_1 likes this.
  20. s91.Adam Kruf

I get the feeling the discussion gets somewhat out of hand.

We have a lot of common ground, it seems: We all want the weaker players to be able to profit from treasure runs. No offense intended, Neam, Bejszi, but at the time of writing you are both weak compared to me:) We all believe that routine afk players are not a good thing. I do maintain, however, that there are valid reasons to go afk (see further up).

We disagree on the way forward.
    Splitting players according to BP would remove 12 or 16 Mill BP from my treasure runs, as it would likely remove me from your treasure runs. It will hamper my game progress, because there are not so many 8 to 10 Mill BP doing treasure runs at the same time. Matter of fact,I have never seen a treasure with all 20 ppl being 8 Mill or higher. I do wonder how long I would have to wait for my treasure run. In addition, BP is not a really good measure. We all know that build is more decisive. So, splitting according to BP would not ensure that all players are more or less on equal footing.

Hence, the proposed split would not solve the issue of strong players dominating the field. One may even question whether this shall be solved. After all, what is the point to push and develop faster than others if you have no advantage in PvP? And PvP, by definition, involves a certain amount of aggression. The proposed split would introduce new issues, namely increased waiting time for higher BP players. That should be avoided. I do not develop my character to be "rewarded" with extended waiting periods.

The other point, whether high BP players need/have time for treasure is a different story. Respectfully, I cannot accept statements like "High BP do not need this". Every player should decide her- or himself what is needed and what routes shall be explored. The same applies for time spent.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018