Steam client issues and questions

Discussion in 'Help and support' started by KrunkleDunk, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

I'm fairly new to the game but I'm enjoying it, first issue I've been running into is the steam client of the game will just stop loading the game at random intervals meaning if I hit a load trigger (changing zones) it crashes, also when I'm trying to launch the game now I'm getting a white screen but it works fine on the browser.

Second part is my question, since I've started playing this one steam I have found no way of moving my character from steam to the browser if I wanted to play it not on my home computer, I've seen another post asking about this but nothing as been said for sometime so I'm assuming its been forgotten about.

Please respond with any info about the issues or questions cause I would like to keep playing the game.

2. xBRITISHx

xBRITISHx Active Member

i dont play it on steam so i dont know the layout of it but for transferring your toon to a browser contact support they will help you

3. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

I finally got the reply from Support on that matter and its not possible, but they did update the steam client so it doesn't crash as much and can reload, but a new question came to me with a bit of looking around, why are the dollar to gold amounts different on steam compared to the website?

4. Brigid

Brigid Registered Users

5. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

That doesn't answer anything, but you can compare it with the attached one here, why are the amounts different from steam to website.

https://imgur.com/a/gxaKA

6. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

Anyone going to explain the gold difference? I thought about getting VIP but not anymore, the cost different is 50% just for playing on steam, not thanks.

7. Edward Monkes

Edward Monkes Administrator Community Manager

Yes, the difference does indeed exist. Mainly due to Steam policy on purchases and taxes etc.

8. Jehrendil

Jehrendil New Member

Is it possible to fully transfer an account created under Steam to 101xp? I don't care about shared logins, etc,... 50% plus lost gold isn't quite right for those who do want to support the game; and without those who do support the game, there isn't a game.

9. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

So you are saying that steam is the sole fact that when I spend 10$ on storm riders the game does not give me 750 gold over the 500 I get now? only steam is affecting this choice, not the ability of the devs to say "hey lets set the exchange so steam users get the same amount?" or not even put a warning on the page where you buy it through steam in huge letters stating "HEY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE TIME ON THE STEAM VERSION YOU CAN GET MORE OUT OF THE GAME, USE OUR WEBSITE!" do you see the confusion and frustration you put players who put time and money into the steam version when it all pales in comparison to the website version? why even make a steam version? oh wait its to give more of a player base since millions use steam to find and play games, lets just screw all them over who do find our game and want to support it, not get equal rewards.

10. Brigid

Brigid Registered Users

As of right now, there is no way to link steam with 101xp. Maybe in future updates it may be possible, if it collides reasonably with steam policy.

11. Brigid

Brigid Registered Users

In my 16+ years of gaming everything is different from the main site to other affiliate sites. Some have policies that are more loose than others. As to steam policy it's quite different. You must take into aspect that most games on steam require money to use. Storm riders does not. So with that said you should understand that having this availability of a free game comes with its drawbacks. If you want changes. I dont think coming here and complaining over steam's policies about getting less for your buck. All games are like this some offer more if you pay to play the game and offer less if you play for free.

If you want more a direct reply, I'll ask admin to give you a more thorough reply..

12. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

You completely missed the point, I'm not comparing free to play vs pay to play, I'm talking about 2 different clients offering pay to play but one is less than the other, steam policies have ZERO factor on how much gold is offered per dollar spent, that is a fact. the argument I am making is if I payed for wow for 1 month, but since I bought it through steam instead of battle.net I only get 20 days of playtime instead of the full 30? that just doesn't feel right does it?

13. Edward Monkes

Steam is a completely different platform with its own prices set.
    You cannot really compare it with our portal.

14. KrunkleDunk

KrunkleDunk New Member

Okay this will be the last time I post about this, steam DOES NOT REGULATE what developers SELL IN-GAME, I can prove this with AdVenture capitalist, on their website to get 55 gold, its 50 kreds or 5$, on steam to get 55 gold its 5$, so for the last time stop talking about purchasing a game, that is not what this conversation is about, unless you have proof on your contract with steam saying the latter of the subject please devote you time to help steam players have the best experience in playing this game your devs wanted on steam, you are royally screwing over that player base.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  15. Edward Monkes

What i meant was that you can not compare those platforms in any way.
    The prices are intended.
    This topic will be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.