Server Mergers.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Lucy Anne, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Lucy Anne

Lucy Anne Member

I just wanted to come on and let the devs know what the effect of all these mergers have been.
    At least 4 players I know have now quit purely because of the conflicts and egos that have turned up with the last 2 mergers.
    These trouble causers who do nothing but stir up and incite trouble have led to a situation where people are so frustrated and stressed they have quit.
    My 2 best friends Sensei and PrettyGirl have quit because the merger before this 1 brought in some very confrontational and judgmental people that have played games talking behind peoples backs and stirring up drama towards the strongest people on the server.
    This latest merger with S8 has been the straw that broke the camels back, the constant childish abuse towards mods, the deliberate circumventing filters, the fostering of an attitude of them and us (S8 vs S4) all have led to such an uncomfortable and toxic environment that only benefits the trouble causers and griefers.

It is understandable in a way I mean many of the players adding to this are top players themselves who have been displaced from the prestigious places they previously help before the server mergers.
    You have people who used to be second strongest on the entire server who were worshiped and courted for their help and now they are barely even in the top 20 so I can understand why people are upset and angry.

It has not helped matters when people have merged with preconceived ideas that S4 are all evil trouble causers who make everyone quit and are a dead server or the silly nonsense that S8 was merged into S4 purely to save S4.

I have specifically not named anyone but those who have quit as its not my wish to cause any trouble.
    I know my little fanclub will come and post to slate me but I just want to say I hope that the server can find some peace because we never had to have admins come in every single day from other serves just to keep the abuse down.
    This was a fun game until all the drama started.
    But kudos to those who wanted to force pretty and sensei of the server you won hope you feel so proud of yourselves for destroying other peoples fun.

2. Nooberix

Nooberix Member

Server merges are important to keep the game alive. The problem starts when previous servers have dominant players and they think they will dominate the merged server and when they don't they rage quit. We all get stuck in a rut in our server after a period of time and then suddenly after merger things are more active and events are more challenging and a few egos are bruised that is all. People seem to forget that it is only a game and the reason they play the game and that is to have fun. Yes there will be better players but that is only in game . Once you turn your computer off life goes on and you were no better or worse off than when you logged in the game.
    This is not the first and it will not be the last time players will quit and also it will not be last time players like you (no offence ) will vent their frustration in the forums. It is all part of the gaming experience.

I am not having a go at you by any means but just giving my 2 cents as I have played a lot of games and seen it all.

3. ❤Ebby~Rose❤

❤Ebby~Rose❤ Registered Users

Hi Lucy Anne,

I have sent you a message in private conversation. The important thing we need to do is get this situation resolved so that people can get back to enjoying the game again on Server 4. Our Mods will increase their presence to try and decrease the uncomfortable and toxic environment on that server. Thank you for using forum and I hope we can get this issue sorted out very soon.

4. Nathan Hall

Nathan Hall Active Member

I'd like to thank the devs for completely destroying the game and my guild. Since the server merge, our two highest players quit our guild because they were invited by guilds from the higher level/BR server, others have quit as well for a loss of 7 players in less than 12 hrs. I have heard from many of my guild that they will be quitting the game because they cannot compete anymore unless they spend hundreds of dollars of their hard earned money, which most are unable or unwilling to do.

You have made it so that the people on Server 54 are being crushed consistently by those on the server you merged us with. It was bad enough being unable to have much of a chance against just the high players in S54, like Tarlna and Darksnow when facing them in WoG or other pvp events, not to mention never being able to keep a chest or even attack anyone else because you're constantly attacked in Wild Loot, but now we have no chance whatsoever.

In over 30 years of online gaming, every time I have seen a merger between 2 servers with such disparate numbers, 50-75% of the populace of the lower level server quit, minimum, because they become frustrated from having no chance to compete. It was bad enough that every day I had to remove inactive players who quit because they couldn't compete against the higher level players on S54 without dumping barrels of cash, now it's becoming much much worse.

So thank you so very much for turning my destroying our server, and our enjoyment of the game.

5. MommysRule

MommysRule Active Member

Arthyr, Often with merges the landscape changes, and guilds merge into others to consolidate players and strength. This does not mean a destruction of what what, it is change and those who adapt will continue to succeed and grow. I hope you can take a step back and look at the merge from a different angle.

6. Nathan Hall

Sorry MommysRule, but 35 yrs of experience in online gaming, including browser games tells me otherwise. Let me give you some examples based on just the last 24 hrs.

1. 90% of my guild has not completed TT after broadcasting in World multiple times for assistance.
    2. We went from 50 members to 30.
    3. Invaders: 1 person from S54 was in the top 10, all others were from the server we were merged into.
    4. S-Time, players from the server we were merged into immediately went after players from S54.
    5. I have several players unable to get prisoners, or kill anyone in arena since people were thrown in haphazardly, an example, a lvl 40-50 player surrounded consistently by level 80-100.
    6. Due to server merge, during GB, WoG, S-Time, etc instead of players collection lower level materials which they need, we are receiving lvl 5 materials, none of which we can use and are only taking up bag space. This also means that we are unable to get the materials we need except through Hero Trials, which we get less than 20 per shot, especially if the player is not high enough in BR to complete. This means level progression, equipment upgrading/synthesizing, etc has stopped.
    7. Goblin Loot: EVERY Goblin loot since the merge has been acquired by those from the higher level server people. Not a single one from S54.

Shall I continue? Because I easily can.

Additionally, why should we be forced to abandon our guilds, that we put in so much time and effort into, because the game merged such disportionately servers? My guild members stay for the camaraderie and good fun and closeness we've developed. Why should that be ended due to some ill-conceived decision by 101xp to merge servers that never should have been, all while they continue to open new ones? To continue to open new servers while forcefully merging ones that are so far apart is inane and illogical.

A simple fact, MommysRule is that doing it is a very pathetic attempt to force people from S54 to spend their hard earned money to try to be able to quickly enhance and level their characters to be able to compete. There are almost 60 servers, are you seriously trying to tell me they couldn't find another server more closely matched to us, that would enhance competition while not causing 99.5% of the people on our server to have little to no chance at all to compete?

Now, you said that we should adapt. Let's hear how you think we should adapt? Oh that's right, abandon the guilds we worked hard on, and join the other server's guilds. Spend money to be competitive. By the way, disbanding our guilds to merge into their guilds DOES mean destruction of what was. Because those guilds will not longer exist. That is the very definition of destruction in this case. As to the change in landscape, you're right, it changed, into a landscape crawling with people hundreds of thousands, if not millions of BR stronger than 99% of the characters that were on S54. Tell you what, why don't you try getting into a fist fight with Mike Tyson, MommysRule, and see how well you can compete. Because that is exactly what's happened to S54 during the merger.

7. Attig

Attig Active Member Moderator

Student
    As a player from S47 (the server S54 merged into), I can confirm that most of the players from S54 (even those who were considered strong before the merge) are being trampled in most events after the merge. Their guilds have lost players and are not able to compete with the ones that have been here longer, so the most rewarding thing to do is to join one of those guilds, thus destroying most of the S54 guilds.

I know merges is a part of the game, and I know the moderators on this forum is not responsible for them, so I think we all should direct our anger elsewhere. That being said though, it would be nice if someone came up with some sort of solution for the whole "server-merge-problem". Being merged into a server where all the players have played several weeks longer, in a game where everything is based on doing daily quests/events etc. leaves the players from the younger server with no other option than to cash up if they wanna catch up. You can clearly see a level difference between the players who come from S47, S49 and S54 so while its true that "those who adapt will continue to grow", the other players who don't need to adapt will also keep growing, thus creating a gap that can only be filled with money.

Since I know this wont be the last merge we see, I can't help but worry that my guild which is currently the strongest Alliance guild on the server, will be crushed by another guild if we happen to merge with a server older than S47. I have put a lot of time and effort into the guild, and so has a lot of other players. So being merged into a server that has huge advantage that we can not catch up with, if both parts continue to grow at the same rate would make it pretty unfair and most likely make some players leave the guild to join a stronger one or just quit the game.
    If I suggested that it should be possible to transfer your character to other servers, so many people would come with so many arguments as to why that is unfair, and most of those arguments could be used for server merges as well.

I don't think merges ever can be 100% fair, but the least the devs could do would be to give the players from the newer server some sort of band-aid. For example they could double their exp rewards from the crypt, double their gold rewards from alchemy and give them a couple of free spins on the wheel of rune every day for the first week of the merge. That way they get to catch up a little at least, and since you can do more alchemy/crypt with a higher VIP-level it would still encourage them to spend their money, which im sure is a big factor for the developers.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  8. Nathan Hall

Thank you Attig for giving perspective from S47.

Let's discuss S-Time WoG which is still happening. My guild, Tavern, was up against one of the S47 guilds. The top player in my guild who stayed is 630K BR, and lives in Europe so is never on for S-Time or GB. Our 2 next highest players are 550K range...one of whom is never on during S-Time, GB, or WoG. Then we have a couple who are 400K, and the majority of the rest are all under 375K... Who did we fight in S-Time War of Glory? The minimum BR I saw from the other team was over 600K which was Linnea, who cashed up to go from 400K to over 600K in 2 days.

So, Moderators, Developers, GMs, I'd like you to explain to me how in hell my guild mates are supposed to compete against those in S49 or S47? Oh, that's right, your suggestion is to disband my guild, which I have worked on since I joined the game, and was the top guild in Horde on S54 until your merger. Well, here's a bit of a wake up call... What exactly will switching to a new guild do for us? NOTHING.

I have heard many reports from people who left S54 guilds to join S47/S49 guilds who have all said that those people don't really help them much. They ask constantly for assistance in Guild Dungeon or TT and hear nothing but crickets. However, 5 seconds later, someone from S47 requests help and people are falling all over each other to assist them.

In almost ever event I participate in the top 10 people are from S47, with the exception of Tarlna and Darksnow, both who have dropped even more money to get even bigger than they were when it was just S54. I have seen people who were friends on S54 before the merger become so obsessed with trying to catch up, spending hundreds of dollars and becoming complete and total jack asses. All because of a merger you people forced on us without any apparent thought of the ramifications of the merger except one: Getting people on S54 to spend hundreds of dollars to TRY to catch up, knowing full well it will take them weeks or months of killing themselves, and spending money every day in order to ever possibly do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  9. ❤Ebby~Rose❤

Hi Attig, I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your suggestion I will forward this to the 101 XP team. Thank you for using Forum.

10. ❤Ebby~Rose❤

Hi KingArthyr,
    I have edited your post because many of the things in it violated our forum rules. Please take a moment and familiarize yourself with our rules.

https://forum-en.101xp.com/threads/forum-rules.1079/

I understand that you are upset and frustrated with the current situation, that frustration does not give you the right to disregard the forum rules. Please be sure to carefully read the rules and stay within the limits to avoid getting demerits and ultimately your account being blocked.

The merge is complete and cannot be undone, what we need is feedback. Being condescending with us Player Mods and the 101XP team does not help us get to a real solution. Also please keep in mind that Dragon Blood is a Free to Play game. There are those who chose to purchase balens and to participate in bonus events but purchase of balens and other bonus items is not necessary or required for participation in the Game.

11. Nathan Hall

First off, I read the rules, and I don't recall breaking them, feel free to send me a private message explaining which rule or rules I violated.

Now, if you'd like concrete suggestions, fine. As a game designer for 30 yrs, I can give you quite a few off the top of my head.

1. Balance the game with events based on BR. Different BR ranges will have different instances of the event, including Wild Loot. This would level the playing field. Also, in those "tiered" events, in the lower tiers reduce the level of the end PVE bosses like the WoG bosses.

2. Provide bonuses for the players that were forcefully merged into an older server. These bonuses could be in temporary double XP/gold for crypt, dungeons, events, etc; balens; various packs of gems, runes, whatever and can be based on when the account was created on the original server.

3. Re-shuffle the arena standings based on BR so it is more even and people are not stuck being unable to hit anyone, thus not being able to earn prestige at a normal rate.

4. Place an attack cap in events, etc. For example, someone who is 500K BR can only be hit by, or hit someone between 300K-750K Someone who is 1M BR would have a range of 700K-1300K etc.

5. Allow bound balens to be used for Weddings, Honeymoons, Rings, etc to allow non cash players to also gain those benefits.

6. Put in a bound balen shop to purchase things people can buy in the balen shop, but at 150% of the cost. So something costing 1000 balens would cost 1500 bound balens.

7. Give even rewards (crystalloids, ancient shards, dragon bloods) based on the dungeon level completed by the person who's getting the reward. As an example, I have no usage for level 4 crystalloids and ancient shards, yet I get those in WoG. Since the PVE bosses were sent to lvl 3 on S54 due to Darksnow and Tarlna, even though no one else was even close to them, before the merge, I was no longer getting lvl 2 crystalloids or ancient shards, which makes it a very slow process to get those, since I can only get them from TT Chapter 2 (less than 100 for 2 runs total), and 3 Hero Trials (about 150 for 3 runs total), yet I need over 3500. So, if you do the math, of 250 max a day, how many weeks will it take me so I can change my gear to Holy Arctic? This means my gear will always be behind others, inferior, which means my BR will be very low for my level, which means I will never be able to effectively compete against my peers.

There you go, 7 ideas which will help balance the game, especially for servers forcefully merged into an "older" and more established server, all off the top of my head in less than 5 mins.

Ade, Nooberix and AkraDolphy like this.
  12. Nooberix

Nooberix Member

Have to say I like these ideas I would also like to add that every event put something in for the non cash players so they don't feel left out as currently most events or infact all events are for cash players.

Ade likes this.
  13. Nathan Hall

I just saw something interesting flash through my screen during WoG that completely boggled my mind. S54/49/47 are being merged into an even older server w/ MommysRule as the server moderator. So, let's get this straight, a merge that made it next to impossible for 99.5% of S54 to compete when forcefully merged into S47 a couple weeks ago is now going to become 100% impossible to compete as we get merged into an even older server.

With all of the complaints and people who left after the last one, why would another merge be done, not to mention all the glitches, bugs, server connectivity problems, etc that the merger caused and is still causing???

14. ❤Ebby~Rose❤

There has been no announcement of any server merges. If you have seen an announcement please post a screen shot here and we can figure out what is going on.