Server merge

Discussion in 'News' started by Edward Monkes, Apr 4, 2017.

1. 霍驚覺 [10540119]

霍驚覺 [10540119] Member

Was there a poll for the merge? I will prefer a split.

2. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

I would prefeer to win the lotery but that does not happen? Right?

3. Edward Monkes

Edward Monkes Administrator Community Manager

As of now the information on the server groups merged is incorrect. The servers were merged into 3 different groups, but not those that were announced in this post. We will provide more accurate info soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

4. elisabethreeves5366

elisabethreeves5366 Member

Merge was a good idea..but not with so many servers....now we cant even kill a level boss much less the new players are going to be pushed out...how does anyone compete against people that throw away a lot of cash into the game like Olivia, thx 101xp you lost another player

5. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

I believe that at this point is time to sit and plan this properly and of course, comunicate that properly. Let me help you with this
    • You have to fix the fact that all players from all servers are all together in a single instance BUT the only thing that is not, is the TRAY. We can say that the only thing that is working properly right now is that, the TRAY.
      • I shouldt be able to play with S2 players but i am that is basically the problem along with that the Arena is also in the same situation
    • You have all today (Wednesday) that is coming to an end already and a piece of Thursday (tomorrow in my time zone) to fix this before the TW (Flag Event) starts. Otherwise this will get much more complex to fix (without wiping the owners of all flags of course)
    • If you fail to do that you have Friday as well, but since you fail thursday you have to start thinking that City Event is on Friday... now... things gets much more complex cos you shoot an event in which you will reward the players who take the city with quite a few things. If you reach that point i belive would be wise to get rid of those rewards till you fix the problem that you were not able to do wednesday, thursday and friday
    • NOW, going deeper if this still fails... and of course i know your developers wont work on weekends... and based under the assumptions that you fixed the DRAGON CITY event and the players can ACTUALLY pick up the flag that does not exist nowadays... and if you were smart to remove the rewards, the owner of the city (someone between Ashanty and Mirandha :p) will take the Dragon City automatically (because of the bug) if that happens and if you didnt remove the rewards they will get the rewards automatically and players will get even more frustrated....
    Good luck

6. player [11814635]

player [11814635] Member

i'm curious to see how they will solve the following mess : people from all servers are joining guilds from all other servers. If they succeed to split as previously announced, how they will handle for example player from S4 having joined a S43 guild? i think we will face more tears...

7. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

Ok, that is messed up... didn't know that was possible. Well there is always the last resource "ROLL BACK" :p

8. 霍驚覺 [10540119]

霍驚覺 [10540119] Member

So far, i have not seen member from 1 grouping joining another grouping. It still seems like the grouping works in one way or another.

TW icon was there for several hours but it was not taking place. We have to wait another 14 hours for the GC. But we are all quite certain that DC is not working.

9. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

Yea TW notification in game is bugged since the last dailight saving so you get the notification but the event for real is today

1- Thursdays TW
    2- Fridays City
    3- Saturday TW
    4- Sunday Dragon City (which should happen Tuesdays)

10. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

@Edward Monkes I just saw this happening when someone from S56 joined our guild today... the user is S56 when he joins the alert says S57 then the user inside the guild shows S56 i dont know if this is something to take into consideration for a fix at all but worth the shoot

2017-04-06_9-39-38.jpg

cheers

11. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

Ok, doing further testing these are the things that are working fine on top of the issue with the whole game players in the same server instance

- the user cant pm other users that are not from his instance (S1 cant PM/TRADE with S57 for example)
    - the user cant see any guild that is outside his server instance which do not allow him to join guilds outside his instance
    - the user cant see TOP (ranking) players that are outside his server instance
    - i was not able to test if someone from S1 can join a S57 guild by cliking his / her name from the orange chat...
    - i was not able to see items in TRAY from other instances players as they cant purchase from me or i cant purchase from them

player [11814635] likes this.
  12. Brigid

Brigid Registered Users

I have actually seen this happen before fabz. Once they fix the error those players will automatically be expelled from the guild and when they relog they will be guildless until they join one.

13. CookieJoe [11268096]

CookieJoe [11268096] Member

Woot... hello my lovelys.. i have returned
    A merge finally with S40... but all servers!!!!
    are 101xp trying to kill game off early?

14. Brigid

Brigid Registered Users

Oh poor Joesph...here's the message Edward said:

15. 霍驚覺 [10540119]

霍驚覺 [10540119] Member

I have tested. Trade are allow only within the groupings. Top rankings are also withing the grouping only. Joining of guild are also within the grouping.

16. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

Well following with the thread and seeing that the Merge "issue" if any is still not fixed... this image tells the whole story.... Players from S7, a different server instance than mine, took flags .... so... yeah... meh the rest of the flags were taken by my server instance guilds ...
    2017-04-07_9-08-16.jpg

17. 霍驚覺 [10540119]

霍驚覺 [10540119] Member

The highlands, The Village of Heavenly and above are competed by all 3 groupings. The lowlands, Fencing School and Knights Circle are competed within the grouping.
    • (S1 - S21)
    • (S22-S26 + S29 + S34-S39 + S46-S51 + S53-S55)
    • (S27 + S28 + S30-S33 + S40-S45 + S52 + S56 + S57)

18. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

:O good catch... meaning that the lowies are not that affected as the high levels... one good new for the newbies :)

19. 霍驚覺 [10540119]

霍驚覺 [10540119] Member

Interesting. The Ambush event was announced, the Events shows Capture of Glorious City. So which is which? Both events run concurrently?

upload_2017-4-9_7-52-49.png

upload_2017-4-9_7-51-49.png

20. Edward Monkes

Edward Monkes Administrator Community Manager

A little update and clarification on the server merge.
    The servers were merged as intended. Now there is one big server that is divided into three different sub-server groups.
    The chat and high level locations are shared between all players on any server or sub-server group. Any player from a certain sub-server group can join a guild from a said group. The ratings are shared between players from one sub-server group.