Quiz Teleport WHY bring this back when no one wants it

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by S31 Ginger Snap, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Ajani

Ajani Active Member

can we for once discover something that IS working properly? :p

2. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

No words :D

But yes, some things are working good. Even we don't like it very much :)

3. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Don't know why they are back. Don't know for how long. Unfortunately....

Rest you can read in this thread, as I merged yours with this one already :)

4. Alura

Alura New Member

I am the highest bp on my server yet it still tp me all over. Either way the teleporting skills at quiz is stupid add on.

5. Helli

Helli Member

Just struck this on my low level character. All it did was send the non-silver players to the other side, so they missed out on much needed gold and potions. Those over lvl 90 were not affected. Low levels will already not appear on leader board so will miss bonuses .
    And yet again something that will just drive lower levels away from the game. There is just way too much of that in the game.

Neamhain, Ajani and Snow [11435565] like this.
  6. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

I'm only telling what the support has told me when I asked about positions in quiz.
    No idea as to other issues, I actually stopped playing quiz for what support told me.

7. Lucrezia

Lucrezia New Member

Position depends on exp, precisely, not just on level.

8. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

Leaderboard is determined by level first, bp second as Ginger said. I can confirm that on both accounts as I've been watching the leaderboard and regularly rank above a player who can kill me by looking at me (lol) because I'm higher level.
    I play quiz with card on 1 account and without on other. The card account does not get teleported, the other does.
    So yes, if you are a silver card holder and a jerk, you can teleport weaker players to the wrong side with 3 seconds remaining so they stand no chance of getting the answer right. On both accounts, people have been using the button (I can tell by watching players suddenly disappear or appear while quiz is in progress on silver card account).
    Needless to say, I don't bother attending quiz on the non-card account anymore.
    I already complained about the teleport option when it was out the first time - you might as well just make the quiz answers blank and flip a coin on whether the answer is right, as teleport makes it completely irrelevant if you know the answer or not.
    I will say though that it is a GREAT tool if you have a silver card and you want to bully a player who doesn't. You can make them get so many answers wrong they won't get on the leaderboard at all! (Think it's not being used for that? Think again.)

S31 Ginger Snap, Neamhain and Ajani like this.
  9. Alura

Alura New Member

i am highest level and bp and i still get tp around. this is still stupid to add to quiz

10. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

Do you have card?

11. Alura

Alura New Member

at what lvl does silver card unlock?

12. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

At 90 lvl.

13. player25939487

player25939487 Member

i love the teleport feature. dont see what your big problem is. its funny. Spice up the game rather than just watch everyone follow the leader.

14. Ajani

Ajani Active Member

the problem is that those that already spend their time to move manually get messed up,
    while those with afk don't get affected at all
    and ppl use this feature to pick on specific player just to screw them over

Helli likes this.
  15. Helli

Helli Member

No doubt you have the card so it doesn't affect you. And you think it is funny to essentially grief free and lowbie players, because that it is all it is doing.

Neamhain likes this.
  16. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

No, it's probably a newer server so no-one has silver card, so they're all equally affected.
    I did find a way to beat the teleport but it requires a) you to have memorised all quiz answers, b) correct placement of your toon and c) split-second timing. And although it worked, someone still teleported me twice. (FYI, a teleport takes 2 seconds from the moment the circle appears to the moment you end up on the wrong side. It takes 5 seconds to run from the point you're teleported to back across the centre line to get to the right side.)
    Because there is nothing to inform players that they affect only the lower level and non silver card users, those on the older servers might be clicking just to see what it does and not realising who's affected (this was the case with a player on my server who didn't realise it only affected a small portion of players in quiz; when she found out she was just hurting the free players and lower levels, she quit).
    I still reckon you might as well flip a coin on the answers; a 50/50 chance is roughly what some players are getting on my server if they go to the right answer. While testing my teleport-beating method, I watched another player get teleported multiple times when she was selecting the right answers. Each player gets 13 teleports to use, and you can get the entire quiz wrong from just 3 people using it.
    And, as I said, it's being used as a bullying technique on one server; I can always tell if a certain player is in quiz or not by how many times people are teleported in the last few seconds of countdown. I don't even have to look at the leaderboard...and yes, that player has a silver card.

Helli likes this.
  17. Helli

Helli Member

And herein lies the issue. Players that use the teleport tool do it when there is 3 seconds left, guaranteeing you cannot get back in time.
    And no, it is not that they are unaware on the older servers, many of them find it amusing, and they will take it in turns to use their 3 group teleports ensuring you get most answers wrong.
    It is used purely as a griefing tool against lowbies (regardless of their VIP level) and free players.

Ajani likes this.
  18. S25 Doria Rose

S25 Doria Rose Active Member

would be nice if they gave all with correct answers same rewards all the teleport does is start fights and drama on the server

Neamhain and Ajani like this.
  19. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

Most players without silver card on my server now either a) afk the whole quiz and don't bother answering the questions or b) don't bother entering at all. Of course, with no right answers or hardly any right answers, you don't get much by way of the exp stones you need...
    I haven't seen a single positive thing about the teleport button. On my server I've seen people swearing on the world chat because they're being teleported in the last few seconds and then the trolls and those who are unaffected by the teleport button find it hilarious...which encourages more players to just quit quiz. If they're not playing quiz, might as well skip a few other events too...actually, why not all of them? The game isn't that great after all...and so they leave.
    Some aspects of the game are going to be "unfair" anyway, like cs events where 1-month players are up against 8-month players, but that's simply because there's no way to make every single player who's ever going to play the game join at the same time and you can't bar an 8-month player from a cs game because you haven't got 20 8-month players all wanting to play in cs at the same time (and even then there would be differences due to vip level etc). Teleport brings no benefit to the game and only creates unnecessary aggro and friction.
    tl;dr Get rid of the damn teleport already.

player25365364, Ajani and Helli like this.
  20. SirBuddy

SirBuddy Active Member

it should by no means Be by level or by bp that is NOT fair to the lower level and weaker people who get 100 percent on the quiz. a tie system should be put in place anyone getting 100 percent right should get top rewards and that goes for all of the things flower board ect ect