Quiz errors

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Edward Monkes, Sep 29, 2017.

1. player25939487

player25939487 Member

3G is 3rd Generation not 3TH generation. this is not a quiz question. this is the Q nd A latest quiz in snap answers via timers. Talk about stopping people from max points. Especically when they Spell it Wrong......

2. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

This hasn't been amended yet. We click the correct answer (third generation) and it gives it as wrong.

Edit: none of the incorrect answers the system considers correct have been amended :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  3. ShaShou

ShaShou New Member

When might we expect the quiz answers to be fixed? The information on wrong or misleading ones has been given quite sometime ago.

djack93 likes this.
  4. Ardnasail

Ardnasail New Member

another Q & A one that is incorrect is - what is Yankee Stadium known for. You have the answer as Boxing - this would be Madison Square Gardens, Yankee Stadium is known for BASEBALL - which is not even an option......

CandelLife likes this.
  5. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

I'm assuming there is only 1 person writing these quiz questions for both daily quiz and q+a, and after they ran out of questions on their field of expertise, they used google for some then gave up and just put random questions with random answers, and uploaded the whole lot without checking for errors including spelling errors.
    I posted 1 as the question was barely comprehensible despite 90% of it being typoed, but I've since seen several that were so bad I had to guess from the answers what the question was - like questions that are too long for the box so you get "Who was the first person to s-" and left going "s what?" (This is an example, not an actual question.)
    If you're asking why don't I report it, there are 2 reasons:
    1) in q+a I'm on a timer, I get time penalties for stopping to take screenshots (this particularly matters in the finals)
    2) I reported a daily quiz answer wrong almost a year ago and it is still wrong - ergo, nobody really cares about correcting it.

Heck, I even suggested the devs recruit a couple native English speakers and give 1 the questions and 1 the answers to proof-read/check for typos. (Splitting the questions from the answers would make the job more difficult but also not give either person an additional advantage in q+a in future. And for the record, I'm volunteering for either role.)

Quiz is totally pointless once you get to silver card level anyway. The silver cards answer all correctly, and anyone without a card can't get all the questions right even if they know the answers as some donkey is bound to get trigger-happy on the quiz teleport, which in my opinion totally killed quiz for the people who actually put effort into it. As it is now, it's pretty useless.

6. Lia[26656402]

Lia[26656402] New Member Moderator

I too would be interested in taking care of the spelling mistakes and wrong answers in the q&a and Quiz games, this also applies to the new Answer question game in the Fun Quests..... Drives me crazy when these issues are brought up time and time again and not fixed.

7. lenah16 [21919442]

lenah16 [21919442] New Member

we do have one in s45 been trying to get help but we still all standing trying to do the quests, Eton the cs quest and the carpet quest the portal do not work. We are all stuck and its frustrating.

8. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

This is to do with quiz?

9. player29628790

player29628790 New Member

3g answer is wrong, chopin answer is wrong, Jackson Pollock was born in the United states but all 4 answer choices give you a wrong mark. Please let me know what is going to be done to fix this. I know many others want to know as well.

10. player29628790

player29628790 New Member

Since it has been over 2 years of players asking for these issues to be corrected, I would like to see a response from a mod, staff member or admin with what steps will be taken to clean this up.