Phantom Thoughts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DigitalPhantom, Jun 25, 2016.

1. DigitalPhantom

DigitalPhantom Member

So for the last few days i’ve been sitting back waiting to see what was going to happen with this game as far as issues being addressed that needed to be an such. I can honestly say I’ve been less than impressed with the situation that is taking place here. Yeah I’ve made posts about being patient and waiting to see what would happen but everyone has a breaking point an i’ve reached mine.

It’s no secret that there is very little to no communication with the 101xp staff regarding the issues in game. Actually to be totally honest there is no communication from them whatsoever about anything. I’m sure this post will ruin any chance I had of becoming a mod like i applied for long ago but that’s ok too because there are thing that need to be said that people are just avoiding saying or have said an not been heard.

The total disregard for paying customers is just appalling imo. I have never in all my years of gaming seen a company treat their customers with such total disrespect and still be in business. Why do I say it’s disrespect? It’s really simple a lot of us spend our money that we have busted our butts to make on this game and what do we get in return? Sure we get gold ( when the thing is working correctly anyway) but what good is that gold when it’s being used on things that are either half working or at best 50% working.

I could deal with all that if there was actual communication going on from anyone besides 1 moderator. An please before I get the typical speech of “ we have lives too” I realize you have lives but I also realise that if your real life is so busy that it’s keeping you from being able to handle things that need to be handled like they should be then perhaps it’s time to think about stepping down and dealing with life and not a game, just a thought.

There is a lot of misconception going on around here as well. People seem to think moderators are suppose to be the ones providing us with the information about what’s going on with the game and information about upcoming updates or what’s being fixed. Honestly that’s not a moderators job by definition. That’s what the Community Manager is suppose to be for. Allow me to explain for those who don’t know the role of a CM…..

Definition of community manager
    An executive in the company who acts as the ambassador of a company or brand on the web. The community manager builds and monitors multiple communities generated in blogs, forums, social networks, etc. S/he becomes the authorised voice of the company.

Besides requiring a thorough knowledge of rules and netiquette used in various media, the role of the community manager requires common sense, the right aptitude and the ability to make decisions regarding the company's image or brand. For example, the community manager has to be able to knock on the CEO’s door and ask him or her to intervene in an online forum.

Example
    The responsibilities of the community manager can range from gathering information about the company, such as its products, the market and competitors using appropriate methods and statistics, to answering queries from customers.

All it would take would be some simple communication with the player base and you could take a bunch of very upset players back to a calmer state. People are still leaving in droves from what i’ve seen. I’m sure this post will make no difference at all and things will stay 100% the same but i couldn’t just sit back and keep my mouth shut and “ be a good little sheep” any longer.

2. xBRITISHx

xBRITISHx Active Member

1 thing yes mods are mods and we are only forum mods and just normaly players that get told or find out wen updates are in game lol

3. DigitalPhantom

DigitalPhantom Member

An that was exactly my point. You an the other moderators should not be the ones doing the CM's job. There are a lot of issues with this game that need to be addressed an to be totally honest it seems like no one in a place that could do something about it cares. Maybe if the pay checks stopped coming in maybe then they would care.

4. xBRITISHx

xBRITISHx Active Member

i always care everything affects me just as much as any1 else why i try my hardest to get things done

5. DigitalPhantom

DigitalPhantom Member

Oh I know you do Brit an I was in no way implying that you don't. Sadly though you're not part of the dev team or actual 101xp staff. Maybe they should hire you so things would actually get done.. lol :p

6. xBRITISHx

xBRITISHx Active Member

did say make a poll up see wot every1 thinks lol