New merge issues

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Neamhain, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

Well... as predicted, the three most powerful horde guilds have merged into one.
    Alliance stand no chances with all those bigs there. Thanks, NOT!

PS: please be noted that although I really like and appreciate all players who came with the merge - as people! - I do not appreciate having them altogether on my server, for that clearly means they will rack up all there is to win - why shouldn't they? - and the others will be left high and dry.
    We can forget any progression whatsoever, unless we pay as much as they do. Not great, is it?

As a player I cannot be happy and neither I can be - as an Alliance player - of the imbalance created now by the ganging up of all strongest players into one horde guid. Thanks, NOT.

PPS: Those bigs who have taken already position in arena could have waited, to give a chance to the lower BPs. It's sad to see they just didn't give it a half thought.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    snmarx [11480497] likes this.
  2. soupey

soupey New Member

I have to agree that the merge as currently set up seems bound to drive down competition

3. LL1[25792001]

LL1[25792001] Member

As separate horde guilds, we all would've stood no chance against the bigger players, regardless of their faction. It made better sense for us to merge guilds, so we'd at least win something, if only guild war. As alliance players, you also have the choice to merge your guild with another.

The arena thing was uncool, but saying that, we're not all online at the same time and people don't wait forever - they get their own tasks done and get on with living life, regardless of whether it inconveniences others or not.

The issues with the merge is that us middle and lower players stand no chance of excelling in shared server events. I'm 17mil and I didn't see a single battle in today's Dragon Invasion. I didn't even manage maximum points in KG, let alone make it onto the leaderboard. Guild War is going to be a nightmare. I've had a 5-7 minute lag so far on all shared server events, but there's no lag on the actual server outside of those events.

All the hard work we did over 10 months, all of the money spent to compete on our own server, all of that hard fought progress...it's all been for nothing because the players from the new servers completely swamp us.

Maybe that's the idea...maybe this is 101's idea of finally ending the game...if past behaviour is anything to go by, we'll either turn on each other or quit...because what is the point in paying to play something you can never win?

snmarx [11480497] likes this.
  4. Neamhain

It still does NOT change a thing for Alliance players. This merge is unfair, period.
    We stand NO chances on any event linked to guilds. In arena why bigs couldn't wait to let smaller players unlock their knight grades? Not that they needed to gain a position so fast, did they?
    No excuses.

And what about Alliance's players money who they spent equally? Now they can sit and watch the bigs in horde take everything, leaving not even crumbs.
    All the money gone in the drain for nothing, together with the efforts and time spent. This merge was not well thought, that's the story. That's my point.

Not worried about just myself, it's an issue involving Alliance players now cut off the competition for rewards; it means NO progression will occur for them, unlike for Horde's players who will benefit from this massive imbalance in forces.

5. Olathe_Rose

Olathe_Rose Member

There is one thing you cannot control and that is - individuals. You need to get used with that. You can ask them nicely if you wish, but for sure there is nothing unfair about guilds merging out of their own will, or people climbing up in the arena. It's called competence. It is a game, after all.

LL1[25792001] likes this.
  6. LL1[25792001]

LL1[25792001] Member

You cant see the bigger picture...for you, it's black and white, alliance vs horde...you dont see that most of horde will suffer just as much. The only ones who wont supper are the giant BP players. What, we'll get some sapphires in gb? lol yeah, BIG advantage.

We were told that merges were decided based on bp compatibility. That hasnt happened here. At all. But, in this instance, complaining won't change anything...even moderators weren't happy with this merge and it still happened. When people accept that 101 care only about the money and not the people spending it, then maybe we'll stop complaining and start making wiser decisions.

I'm as guilty as everyone else of throwing money at a 1-legged horse, expecting it to win an impossible race.

Caltha likes this.
  7. Caltha

Caltha Active Member

Ditto! But I am teachable and have been taught.

LL1[25792001]_1 likes this.
  8. LL1[25792001]

LL1[25792001] Member

I've been trying to tie shoelaces and forgot all about the running bit lol
    Apparently, velcro is the answer! :D

9. Neamhain

The issue is far wider for the Alliance players.
    And no, this is no competition Olathe: try compete at 9M against 30M... would you call that fair? That is not "competition" hun. Wanna see how many bigs has the new Horde guild on our server? Most of them are now on our server.

We cannot progress winning no rewards: how are you going to upgrade and forge gear for example?
    It would take so long by use of single dungeons that we can as well give up and quit.
    Alliance has been KILLED by this merge and no, it's not just a game when people pay to play it. It becomes an investments on top of amusement, and I don't want my money to simply end up wasted because of an ill thought merge no one on our server needed.

As for "you dont see that most of horde will suffer just as much": the bigs in Horde will provide you with all rewards we Alliance won't ever get to see again. You might not reach No.1 in arena, but you nonetheless won't lose out as much as we will. That's for sure.

I believe this was the way to kill a game we enjoyed. I don't see how us Alliance can ever think of spending another penny again on it, at these conditions.

10. LL1[25792001]

LL1[25792001] Member

I think you're assuming an awful lot and pleading victim without any of the facts.

Horde on s25. have an agreement with Alliance where guild war is concerned - they alternate who wins each day, so rewards are even and everyone benefits. KG and DI, we're just going to have to either do the later one or suck it up and take attendance rewards only. Arena - who actually cares? We're collecting stuff for heroes we'll never get. Silly really. No point trying to make sandcastles when the tide is still in.

Ravens and Caltha like this.
  11. Neamhain

The only one who likes to play victim as far as we've seen it's been you of late. It's a fact that the Horde guild now is the one with almost ALL biggest players across servers. All servers. So much for not having "facts" at hand.

And as for the rest you still are not looking at the bigger picture: it is Alliance faction to suffer from this imbalance.
    PvP is irrelevant given those bigs are unbeatable. Guild battles are important to players, growth wise; Alliance is cut off from them. Moreover, so many bigs on one server necessarily and mathematically will cut out of rewards ALL players from KG/Dragon Invasion , regardless of faction.

My point is this merge was ill thought, and it's due to kill Alliance first and then life on the server as a consequence.

12. Ravens

Ravens Active Member

Just have to say this thread is RICH in so many ways. jeeesh

LL1[25792001]_1 likes this.
  13. Olathe_Rose

Olathe_Rose Member

I do not understand where this general idea comes that the Horde faction is always at an advantage. It may be on your particular server. We are well balanced. As I said previously, guild merges are not compulsory. It also depends on where the big BPs are located geographically, as guild battle happens only once a day. And the will to use silver cards, too. And, of course, the individual greed to power (BP). I am a small player and I am really happy with the status. I play because I enjoy playing and not because I want to be the best. I play to share quality time with my inmates, to greet them and to be a team, at guild level and at server level. This is the purpose of the game. We can try to excel in other areas of our real life. This is supposed to be relaxing, not frustrating. Oh well... not everyone can be satisfied :)

LL1[25792001]_1 and Bejszi like this.
  14. Caltha

Caltha Active Member

this gave me a giggle <3

15. LL1[25792001]

LL1[25792001] Member

16. Neamhain

Nobody said it is always the case; I said it is the case on our server now.
    Most of the biggest players across servers are on our server now and too many are hordes.
    There are no assumptions in this assertion, it's a fact.

Take a look at our arena, and mind: Mia hasn't taken to arena yet, while Darkstorm and Heinrich are in the next page with our pre-existing bigs above 10M (another 7/8 people in total). I am sure by end of the day more bigs will log in though.

Thus, there's NO play as such where too many bigs roam Olathe.
    They too play to win - why shouldn't they - but unlike us they have little to no competition.
    This is my point: we stand no chances to progress, which is what one should achieve in such games as this; unless for play you intend just meeting with friends in guild chat while you get butchered in events for the benefit of others.

Not my idea of playing, but I appreciate it is yours.

arena.jpg

17. Neamhain

Says who that I lost whatever argument, you Mordant? Ha.
    You can call other victims, but they can't put you back in your place saying you are the one playing victim all the times? Get over yourself.

As for your patronising statements, I leave you to nurse them.
    You are incapable of not centering things on yourself; I am instead focusing on Alliance. Enough said.

18. ajaciedjari

ajaciedjari Member

3 time we had merge where many alliance came to server noone said some
    now 4th merge many horde come and players start complain bit sad :(

LL1[25792001] likes this.
  19. Neamhain

Honey, if it was average BP hordes that had come over that wouldn't have been an issue.
    The point here is that the horde who came are among the hugests BPs across servers, and they throw off balance everything, not just guild battle.

20. ajaciedjari

ajaciedjari Member

i think they picked servers when ginger and arc still played ;)

player23721510 likes this.