My S1 Character

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Zyn, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Zyn

Zyn Member Moderator

Lots of people have been questioning my character, saying that I'm not playing the game realistically. So to answer some of your questions:

1. No, my BR is not all "earned". I paid to get my BR up where it is. If I had not paid a dime, as the expression goes, I might be at 400,000 BR. I now face the consequences of my actions.

2. No, there are no advantages to me as a moderator.

3. You piss me or one of my guild members off, as well as those in my alliance, and I will most likely not be kind to you as well, unless we can come to sort kind of consensus and/or conclusion. Respect and trust are earned, not given.

If you have any further questions or comments, type them in here, and I'll answer them when I can. Please keep them positive or balanced (negative with a positive or vice versa).

Thank you and have a nice day.

-Zyn

2. xBRITISHx

xBRITISHx Active Member

Well it is earned. You worked hard to pay for it and that's before you became a mod. You're right: respect is earned.
    I have a question: when we finally merge hope you have a spot for me lmao.

3. Zyn

Zyn Member Moderator

s1.Falcons currently has 3 spots out of 70 open. We do have some inactive players, so if I need to boot them, I can make room for a few more.

4. #IamAwesome

#IamAwesome Member

i repect you much Z...you are who you are and you deserve to be where you are now...but in my case i do only respect those whom i trust the most...i wish i could be merged with S1 but your server is way beyond my server's capability... with lots of love Artemisia

S37Artemisia - Hail Stormena

5. TAZDRAGON

TAZDRAGON New Member

Well Mr. Zyn let me say this I may not know the story to the reasons of this post and it could be because people may think you might be a cheater or something. So here's what I have to say it may seem mean but I'm just saying what I see.
    When some people say realistically they could mean you don't have the struggle others do as free players or have the limit of living some where it might be harder to pay (I assume you live in the U.S). Over all people don't see how or why you keep playing for you are the (Edit: one of the) strongest player(s) in the game they might think you are bored and have little to nothing to do besides hit top level and max out battle power. But then again this could just be my opinion and I could be reading people wrong but some may agree with me. Either way you are who you are and you spent money you had no one should care if u play "realistically" or not they should care about if u are having fun or not for u have spent a bit of money and as long as you are having fun that should be all that matters =). But to tell u the truth I'm in a boat just as you are not as big of a boat but none the less its the boat of consequences. I'm DREAMD 1.15m br s46 I spent a lot of my tax returns on the game. So like you I face the consequences of trying to keep s46 going but its hard when I don't have much time to play but I have fun and to me that's all that matters. I seem to ramble a bit haha any how Zyn I hope you have fun for I look forward to the day my br is closer to yours =)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  6. Zyn

Zyn Member Moderator

Chibix
    • Thank you very much
    • If you want to create a character on Server 1, 2, 5, or 10, I can help you, as these four are fully merged. Alternatively, I can come to Server 37.
    TAZDRAGON
    • It has come to my attention that some people think that because I am a cash player and a moderator, I not playing the game "fairly."
    • I live in Canada, not the U.S. (look at my post in becoming a moderator - https://forum-en.101xp.com/threads/join-our-moderators-team.566/page-2).
    • I am not the strongest player in the game. Server 25's KRAG has a higher BR than me, and Server 4's minion is also pretty close. Of course, BR isn't everything, it's just what most people scale in this game. There are definitely several people with a higher level than me, as an example.
    • Top level in the game is 120 - I'm far from it, considering it now takes billions of experience to reach a new level.
    • Max out BR - I have no idea what the maximum is - I do know that 3 million is reachable.
    • To have 1.15 million BR on Server 46 is amazing.
    • Don't spend your tax refund (whether that's from your W-2 (U.S.) or T1 (Canada) or whatever tax form it is in your respective country) in one place (that goes for everyone).
    • Spend whatever time you can on this game - this does not mean wasting your life away, this means do what is possible, whether it is 1 hour a day or 10 hours a day
    -Zyn

7. KRAG

KRAG Member

Zyn.... you stated it correctly. BR is not everything. It is a good measure of a player's capability and power, but does not give you all of the information you need if you are contemplating a fight. If you are lucky enough to grab someone's DATA (cross server), you need to look at all of the stats. There you might see a few things that are not what they appear. But there are a few ways to do some basic math to find out what it all means.

ATTACK comes from several parts of the character... I prefer to use the term the guy, or my guy... or sometime my fighter. Breaking it down, you need to look at where the ATTACK value is based on and how it is developed. I'm not going to provide a 'how-to' on how to develop your power, but there are enough hints and items in the game to show you the way to do it.

I tell our fighters they must not worry too much about gaining a level... this only leads to a false sense of security. Some think that that level means strength.... it doesn't. It is just a level based on XP you collect. Early on Server, there is no reason that most players cannot get to level 55 to 60 in a couple of days if that is what they want. I prefer to build the skills and dynamics that are the real power in this game. So by the time I do level up, the power supports that level. You must build the power, not levels. Otherwise, you can be surprised by a player 5 to 10 levels lower than you. And BR... you will find out does not win battles.

Another issue... most players think if they can win in Hall of Glory with help... that this helps them. Nope, it only speeds up the kill but does not provide you with any sense of the real power of the player. Until you can beat every boss through the Witch King... you can likely be beaten by someone. And even for those of us that can beat the Witch King... there is no guarantee we can beat everyone else all of the time. But I can assure you that I will never lose to a player 5 levels lower than myself. I have faced Minion, and I would say we are pretty close in our power, and a good match could go either way. And I do not see how either of us can really gain a clear advantage at this point. So it is best to let the core of our respective Guilds decide outcomes of battles, but that is months down the road if we both stay around.

About my BR, now right at 2.8 million, is not the highest in all of the servers. Keep in mind, we started February 9th. Server 1 is several months older. Did I spend some money... I could lie and claim that I didn't. But anyone who has played the game very long knows better. No one can obtain the levels that some of us have without spending money for gold. It's just is not possible. Is it fair to the non-spenders. I'm not going to offer an opinion on that. But it is not my objective to rule over the world, or even a server. I get just as much out of teaching the members of our guild how to play and maximize their power as I do during TW or GC. But we have not had a challenge in over a month. So our Server is more at risk of imploding because of boredom, than because we got tired of getting our butts kicked.

I will tell you that if you are part of a guild, you need to communicate. If your leader quits on you, start over.... there is not a way to kick the leader off the spot if he leaves you high and dry. And if you are a leader... don't leave your guild without appointing a new leader. If you are the kind of leader who does not communicate with your members, then you are not a leader. You guild is doomed to fail because you are only as good as your weakest link. You need all of them to take and hold territories. You need all of them to make sure you can hold GC. And you need to make sure each know they are wanted and you must teach where you can. If you are easily frustrated by repeatedly asked questions or language barriers... then you are not capable of leading anything. If I hit a nerve, well I did mean to... so get over it.

If you plan the be a leader... be prepared to hand it off to another if you cannot handle all of the duties. In our Guild, we have changed leaders 3 times... and not because anyone left. Some just want to let someone else do it. That is not such a bad thing, especially if your group works well together. I can lead, but I choose not to be the Leader... it is more my job to teach and work with the others. Your most powerful guy should not be the leader, he is the muscle. He handles issues for the leader and takes charge of tactics and assignments. But every Guild does it differently. I will not say there is a right or wrong way to work this out.... but my way does work... and works well. I can only point to what has happened to S24-25. There is no one left to challenge us. Why should be obvious. But I will let you guys figure that out.

The number one rule is treat others they way you expect to be treated... It has worked for thousands of years. This is a game, and there is no reason for anyone to be rude, obnoxious because they are stronger than others, or causing a big issue that gets a lot of people upset. Where is this leading to good fun for anyone if this is going on. And I am more inclined to take out a player like that before anyone else just because it ticks me off. So if you decide to treat one of our members in a negative manner... you better hope you have more GUTS than they do, because there are only about 3-5% in their respective classes that can go toe to toe with them.

GUTS... yes... those are those little things I spoke of that build your power. You might have 5 levels on any of them, but they are way more developed in the GUTS than 95% of the others at the same level, which means they are also going to beat a substantial number of players higher in the food chain. They do not need to call upon me for help... if they want help, they can call another 20-30 members just like them and overwhelm anything. And that is what a guild is about... building an army of well trained fighters and know how to coordinate and follow commands. Hey... that is kind of like real life... like say on your job for one example.

Good gaming all...

KRAG

player10467667, Zyn and TAZDRAGON like this.
  8. TAZDRAGON

TAZDRAGON New Member

=) Thanks for the complement. I need to work on some of my stats a bit more. I see what you mean with being a Mod and all. But people should know that not all game give Mods stuff only a handful do and that being a Mod means you have excelled in the game and the GMs have seen you excel and help others to the fullest of your abilities, that is why you are a Mod and you are on the forums a lot doing your best to answer questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
  9. Zyn

Zyn Member Moderator

KRAG
    • Well said
    • Server 1, along with 2 and maybe 3, started on or about December 24, 2015
    • One strategy that I learned is to have good ATTACK and CRITICAL stats (ATTACK primary, CRITICAL secondary)
    • I have tried some of the newer servers and they made it a little harder to gain levels - getting to 50-55 in two days is now more realistic
    • I have also faced s4.minion - that was in a Territory War a couple of Saturdays ago, and it was back and forth with the banner to the last 10 seconds - she was my first real challenge in TW in a long time
    • My guild also has not been challenged for a long time in GC - we do get the occasional person or group, but we have about 20-30 members who help out during that time
    • I am the second leader of the guild - this was changed on January 31, 2016, as the leader at that time could not stay as active as he wanted to be
    • I have tried very hard to communicate with others, as well as translate to many different languages to attempt to eliminate the language barrier (French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Dutch, Afrikaans, Hebrew, etc.)
    • I don't mind having questions repeated - keeps me on my toes to make sure I don't forget
    • I am usually communicating with one of my Hall Leaders on strategy for Territory Wars, and he has no problem being a HL
    • We can compare stats "until the cows come home." But I prefer not to ;)
    TAZDRAGON
    • As I said before, the Administrators did not accept me instantly - they took their time in researching my character and my responses to the questions in the "Join our moderators team" forum thread when I applied
    • The Administrators do check our responses in the forums to make sure we are following the rules and staying positive/balanced in those responses.
    If you are honest and positive in-game and on the forums, then you will have a pleasant gaming experience.

Please keep the questions and comments coming.

-Zyn

10. Zyn

Zyn Member Moderator

For those who want to know, I play on 22 different servers. S1 is my main, the others are because of my moderating checks and a few general interest.

-Zyn