MERGER

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LEGEND [13628736], Oct 11, 2017.

1. ONIDA/RYLEE

ONIDA/RYLEE Member

as I mentioned before...I am from S38 and for now we are doing fairly well....but numbers are getting smaller each week...and we too will eventually have the same problems as kaunas's server...it is best now to get these mergers done,before it is too late...if not too late already for some servers sadly.
    But if people are worried about the bigger bp players.....you should go back to playing playstation 2 and battle it out with mario brothers or sonic :)
    like Kaunas mentioned..it is a pay to win game...most online games are
    ONIDA S38

2. Chipper

Chipper Member

Neamhain, they would not merge server 70 with server 1, or anything similar to it. They have said - and proven - that they will only merge servers with similar BP/level/etc. so that it doesn't become one sided. And yes, it could easily still bring in more players - new players - if done correctly. I have played many mmo games that I started months and even YEARS after the game/server opened and was still able to catch up - even without spending. You have to remember that all servers have at least one high spender. Those people will continue to spend more, and the rest will either spend to get into the same league as them, or they will just compete amongst themselves, as they already were before. Look at it this way. If you were rank 10 as a non-spender on a server that merged with 3 other servers and were moved down to rank 30, but there were only a few hundred k bp between you and your previous spot, you would either A. put a few dollars into the game to get your spot back, or B. work your butt off until you passed those new people. That's the competition I am referring to. The reality with all f2p mmo games is that the more you spend, the more you win. It's always been like that. If it were not for that, these free to play games would not exist. They need money to survive. And coming from a small server with literally ONE heavy shopper, you see how much you benefit from what they spend. Every day we get guild treasure - something we very seldom got on my old server. Every day you get free gems - something we also very seldom got on my old server. Our one heavy spender feeds our beast fully every day and never complains, never even asks for help with it - although we would all be more than happy to help him. But yes, his bp keeps going up and none of us will ever pass him. No one cares about that though. They care only that by the time they reach the place they need to be with dungeons and stuff, he has almost unlocked them. He is slowed down by us, not the other way around.

Going back to my initial statement, however, if done correctly, yes, any server can gain new players if done correctly. Instead of advertising a new server, advertise the merge, do a 7 day spending event for the merge so you are still getting good income - make it level appropriate, things for high bp, things for low bp. On the server list when you initially log on and select your server, instead of seeing the latest 6, put the newly merged server first, labeling it as "recently merged" or "reformed" or even just "hit" like they do now. With a game that has this many servers, people will look for the most populated ones to start on. And if it doesn't say "new server" that's what they will go for, population.

3. Chipper

Chipper Member

I mean no offense by this, but merge does mean more people... You merge 3 servers with 30 daily players, you get 90 players, 60 of which are new competition for you. So yes, it does multiply your daily players.

4. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

Merges do NOT mean more people; they remain the same number. They simply get together in one place, but if they were 90 players among three servers to begin with, then they'll be 90 players in one server to end with. And no, there is no competition for new or "mid BP" players against those whom have been playing since May. Unless one can spend some thousands in real money to beef up his toon.

There is no logic - and I mean no offence of course - in your arguments here. We all know what makes people leave servers: they got bored, or they got bored to never stand a change to get to the top.

With regards to merging servers of similar BP, that is a must or else - as I keep repeating - you would deplete them of players. That was not in question other than when people suggested to have a token so players can move on any server, just by paying. Not a good idea.

5. Chipper

Chipper Member

We are at an impasse then, because I have been playing for months and am no where near the top, nor will I ever be, and yet I quite enjoy the game. I have absolutely no problem with those that pay to win, it's part of any mmo game. If that bothers you so much, then don't play them. But regardless, yes, mergers would help. It may not be NEW players, but it is still MORE players on your server, which is what we need. The issue at hand is still that there are servers that cannot get their dailies done, and with 3x the people, whether they are new or from another server, they can achieve that goal.

6. Neamhain

The ONLY players that leave because they cannot complete their daily runs are mostly high BP.
    See how much fun it is to join a server where everyone else is beefed up and you are unable to achieve a single reward. Then we can talk of why players leave servers. You insist blindly on what you believe to be the main issue (new servers), but that is a side issue believe me.
    No one wants to join a game to watch others win and win without a chance to get there himself and that is indisputable. You wouldn't like that yourself and being an experienced player you would not join or you would leave immediately to cut your losses.

And no, if this was just about pay to win you would have a differently structured game. Your assumption is incorrect: pay is to gain advantages, but you guys - as we see - need also non paying people to keep your servers alive. Try to survive on one server with only paying people ... if you can. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    player25046380 likes this.
  7. Neamhain

No one has a problem with people paying to beef up; the issue arises when no one wins anything because titles are not given on a one-off basis - like elsewhere - to give chance to everyone to get there. New players face an impossible competition against Titans unless they join a new server; what benefits they get out of helping older servers replenish? Name them please.

People leave for two main reasons, as said: they are bored, or they are fed up of putting efforts into the game and getting nothing much. No one on these types of games plays "just for the fun". Everyone wants to achieve things in time and be rewarded for their efforts (and spending, whether huge or small); this cannot happen the way the competitions are designed at present.

So your last statement is endorsing what I have been advocating for some while; non-paying, small spenders are needed to keep servers going. Thus, they need be given fair chances at achievements. Those players won't stay just to replenish an old server where few get rewards for their expenditure and efforts.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  8. Neamhain

Says who, that we should go back to play station, you? That is highly offensive in regards of people that simply wants a fair chance at the same rewards others enjoyed. We ALL spend money after all!
    It is THIS attitude and misconception of what paying should grant a player that puts off new players at the speed of light: people don't join to be just public. Try make a server of just paying players; then we talk again about this.

And please tell me who left in the past month on our server, because your claim is untrue: we are all there playing, none of us on s38 left recently. Maybe you should change guild or merge yours with another, as we did. We have 30 active players in ours plus another 10 on/off depending on work.

9. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Neamhain last time... This is pay to win the game so non-spenders never can match with spenders and this is not gonna change. You need to understand that :)

10. Neamhain

Kaunas, last time: then gather a bunch of paying players to make one server, and let's see if someone can spend more than yourself and put you in the position you are disregarding now. You NEED also non paying players and small spenders to fill servers.
    Also, since you believe the game is made only for big spenders, why you guys don't spend to complete your dailies? Shouldn't be an issue, no need for merges then.

You guys - understandably - don't want to lose out on status and rewards, but sadly you need people to fill your servers and the two things conflict with one another for the reasons I keep explaining. Mainly, that nobody wants to be used or be simply public, no matter how much they spend. Everyone share your mentality, they want to achieve status, gain big rewards, be glorious and admired by other players. Not just those spending much, everyone.

However, you inspired an idea: why devs don't create a server just for high BP, which they could join by paying a token? ONLY for that server; meaning if you buy that token you can only migrate there.
    That way you'd have the fair competition and numbers you need, right? Because you say there a lot of high BPs around, so shouldn't be a problem to fill one server with them.

11. player [23011046]

player [23011046] New Member

When is there a server merge of S72 , not much people are playing this server?

12. DarkSt0rM

DarkSt0rM Member

Wake up and do these mergers before end up like last game I played u ran NOONE TO PLAY ... Do a 4 to 8 server mergers and that's would make so many happy and probably make your wallets fatter. Heck on S28 were losing them left and right maybe 10 to 15 people max on at a time that IF. Again im confused why there is so much posting about this? It is YOUR job to keep us happy if you can't manage to do this maybe it's time for a NEW game ! I would say pull your heads outta somewhere but i am sure that's been said. I have no problem leaving this game only been playing like 4 or 5 months max so hope you do the correct thing and listen sooner then later to all this..

player [23011046] likes this.
  13. DarkSt0rM

DarkSt0rM Member

Its not to hard to know which bps are where the biggins as u call them.. couple days u should be able to say hay this server need this many and same here and start to just make it happen we have had at most all day 7 ppl now cant do a lot with that but hey wait OH YES THEY DONT CARE... sorry for useless post ...

14. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

To all and last time:
    They don't care about people. If you not spend, someone else will. Till money non-stop coming nothing is going to change and this is a sad part of this nice game.

♥ Harley Quinn ♦ likes this.
  15. player23931808

player23931808 New Member

Server 46 has fairly well died in the past two weeks, we definitely need a merge soon before no one is left on our server, did chat with a mod about it today. Mod said it was due to the holiday season, when in fact the reason why we lost more players we didn't get server merge

16. Edward Monkes

Edward Monkes Administrator Community Manager

I understand that it could be frustrating at times, but you have to realize that any merges done in a rush would lead to even bigger problems. As mentioned before in this thread there are a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to server merging, e.g. overall BR on each server, faction distribution among players and many others. We do monitor these situations and merge servers that meet those requirements without ruining the overall balance. Bear in mind, though, that merges can only be done once in two weeks due to technical limitations.

S31 Ginger Snap and Neamhain like this.
  17. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that devs can merge 3 or 4 servers to one and make sure everyone is enjoying the game. But now I can see credit card power :))) In server S1 we have so many players from other servers and they coming to chat with us and always topic is my server dead ;))

18. player23931808

I see folks complaining about fix the bugs fix the bugs, bugs aren't the issue and bugs don't make people quit. Every game I have ever played has bugs in them it's not like you can't play the game.
    We have had another person quit on our server because the game is no longer fun, and to be honest it isn't same ol stuff nothing new to do. No variety same gambling events over and over again, same daily events over and over again.
    Holiday events are horrendous in this game, other games holiday events you get special items, you work for it but at least you get one this game holiday item nope event ended before you could gather enough pieces to complete one item let alone all three, that was definitely sad and the worst holiday event I have seen in any game. People need variety other wise the game becomes no fun to play very quickly, and I don't mean variety in another gambling event give us more things to do that are different that doesn't require emptying our pockets of cash.

S31 Ginger Snap and Neamhain like this.
  19. s.46 arcanese

s.46 arcanese Active Member

2 attackers for gb on server 46. we realy need a merge or more player will quit

Attached Files:

player23931808 likes this.
  20. player23931808

Before long Slayers alliance will be only guild that is active on server 46, Horde alliance is almost non-existent. Server 46 needs merged