Important Merge poll

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mad Moxxi, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Would you like your server to be merged with another one?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2018.
  1. S4 group: S4+S5+S7+S8

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. S6 group: S6+S9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. S15 group: S15+S19+S22

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. S17 group: S17+S20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S26 group: S26+S29+S30

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. I want my server to be merged too! (leave a comment)

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.74 Geo

S.74 Geo New Member

Well this is a very good way to kill the game. Every week a new server opens and many flock to that or they quit for what ever reason and the solution is to merge the existing servers over and over again. This upcoming merge will be my 4th this yr and will set me and others back. These server merges really hurt the non paying players and ones under 5 mil. Since the last merge, things are out of whack in many of the team events. Team Boss is a pain to finish when there is less than 6 active players over 14 mil and I am seeing bosses regularly over 14 mil now. The arena is a joke with many of the high level BP players quitting and just sitting int he top spots. The game has become more unbalance with each server merge. We have already seen low levels and high level players quit because of frustration and this will push more out. Nothing like following the same business model of all the other online games that push new servers weekly and then merge the older ones because players keep moving to the new servers or they quit.

LL1[25792001] likes this.
  2. Olathe_Rose

Olathe_Rose Member

A good way to solve this would be to allow deleting accounts for real! Not just let them hang there, inactive...

alia and LL1[25792001]_1 like this.
  3. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

It's rare, but some players have come back after a long absence so deleting accounts would be unfair.
    However, why not have an arena reset once a month? Arena gets reset every time a server merges - couldn't the same thing be implemented to run on the same day every month? (Yes, it would be a bit of a pain fighting your way back up every month, but any inactive toons would drop out of the way of active players.)
    Right now, there are at least 2 players in top 10 on both my servers who have quit the game - I believe 1 quit 3 months ago.

Mia[24550857] likes this.
  4. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

They could simply be removed from arena and that would sort the issue without "taking away" from anyone, should they ever come back.

5. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

How long would you have to be offline to be removed, though? If your internet dies so you're gone for a week and come back to find you're out of arena ranking you may be a little pissed...
    If they can reset for server merge I see no reason they can't do a monthly reset of all arenas.

6. Ravens

Ravens Active Member

They need to just change the settings for hitting the marks. Top 10 to top 50-100. Bump them all up. After the mass server merges certain players will never sniff the top 10. Yet alone # 1.

This issue will beyond a doubt if not resolved ASAP will have many players quitting the game because WE ALL KNOW they will never attain those titles.

Neamhain and LL1[25792001] like this.
  7. Neamhain

I think 3 weeks is a good period since normally holidays last only 2. But it could be 30 days, to make it an unlikely "holiday" time.

8. Cruisin

Cruisin New Member

No, to mass mergers,

9. Lady Alia

Lady Alia Active Member

here is another solution: just strive

10. Peter Quill

Peter Quill Member

I like the idea of a reset every month. I am first on my server, but would have no problems with that. Easy to work your way back up, and people could at least have a chance at top 5 rank after reset before the big dogs take their places. It's not perfect, but I think it would be an improvement.

isis, RaiseHell and Neamhain like this.
  11. S.74 Geo

S.74 Geo New Member

another option is the to tweak the title requirements so the arena is taken out of the picture. Even if the arena is reset monthly, it is still hard to break the top 5 or even top 10.

player23721510 likes this.
  12. Neamhain

I agree!

RaiseHell likes this.
  13. S.74 Geo

S.74 Geo New Member

Whoever came up with the system of merges didn't do a good job. Many are seeing players that have had months to build their toons and you can't buy time. If the goal was to kill the game then it succeeded because players are not happy. There is nothing new for the high level players to look forward to and there is no way a low level player can compete as it stands with these merges. Players are frustrated and it is showing.

From reading the other posts, this game or should say the company has problems and there doesn't appear to be any solutions coming soon.

14. Caltha

Caltha Active Member

I've come to the conclusion that the high level players leaving will be a good thing for the lower level players. As we leave due to the inability to progress, there will be room for others to take our place. All the developers need to do is set the game to remove players from active to inactive after 30 days of not logging in and all progress on leader boards removed.

isis likes this.
  15. Judeus

Judeus New Member

honestly you can say what you want but it still won't work the devs will do what they want it's their game anyways they made it only way to make them see it our way is to hit them where it hurts the most in their pocket so stop buying rubies and you'll see their attitudes change real quick- ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS!!!

16. LL1[25792001]

LL1[25792001] Member

Unless it's their intent to wind things down, force us into a situation where we all quit, so they can shut down the game and not be legally liable for any of the mistakes they've made. How else can anyone explain the current merge situation? Smalls are screwed, mids are floating...cant progress but arent quite screwed yet, and bigs get everything, as per usual, how very tedious. Point is, we're all screwed eventually...but the more bp you have, the less it looks that way right now. But what happens when they merge these last servers? The game becomes impossible to play for anyone less than 30mil bp. Yeah, good luck with that! As developers, this is an end-game move...we either stay until the ship has sunk or we hitch a ride in a lifeboat - that's our choice now, rubies or not.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  17. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

Just warning you...in their "blurb" it says that calling for a rubies-buying strike is a bannable offence. (But if you are calling for a rubies-buying strike you are clearly a spender, which is probably why they're not enforcing that or several other things in the blurb as enforcement would hurt their pockets more.)

I was confused with the way the merges went, frankly. I could predict that the server groups with the biggest bps would be merged to create more competition between the factions...but instead they merged the giant alliance faction to a smaller horde faction, and the giant horde faction to a smaller alliance faction. Faced with a deliberately created complete imbalance, a bunch of players from the weaker faction on both are quitting, and that weakens the weaker faction still further. We did need numbers and one server definitely needed a few stronger players, but balance is important too.

18. Horbekers

Horbekers New Member

You should merge all the servers into one and let GOD sort them out !!!! HAHAHA !!!!

isis likes this.
  19. Horbekers

Horbekers New Member

Please more merges my server needs another merge already !!!! HAHAHA !!!! TRUE !!!!

20. JAGITACH

JAGITACH New Member

[QUOTE = "player26103855, post: 77770, membre: 40307"] Je ne sais pas si les grandes fusions seraient mauvaises, mais je ne pense pas que vous puissiez simplement fusionner des blocs de numéros de serveur. Vous devrez examiner le niveau de traitement global du serveur et probablement d’autres facteurs. Ainsi, les serveurs sont fusionnés avec des serveurs de iTunes Mobdro TutuApp niveau similaire. Sinon, comme indiqué ci-dessus, il vous suffira de chasser de nouveaux joueurs. S'ils ne sentent pas qu'ils peuvent progresser dans le jeu, ils ne consacreront pas leur temps, sans parler de l'argent, à l'effort. [/ QUOTE]
    Cela causerait des problèmes majeurs à de nombreux joueurs sur un serveur et rendrait presque impossible pour certains de rivaliser et d'apprécier le jeu. Je peux voir le besoin de certaines fusions, mais tant de serveurs en un n’est pas une bonne idée à moins que l’objet soit de chasser des joueurs.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.