Know your glorious heroes!

Discussion in 'News' started by MichAnd, Aug 11, 2020.

1. MichAnd

MichAnd Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

[​IMG]
    Dear players! Our first contest is not over yet and we are already announcing a second one! The contest is on the forum!
    The rules are simple:
    1) Attach a screenshot of your character;
    2) Tell us why you have chosen this hero/goddess.
    Players who have fulfilled these conditions and came up with interesting answers will receive a valuable reward.
    Please note that if a response is copied from another player's comment the entry will be automatically disqualified!
    The contest will last until 14.08.2020

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  2. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

So as people can see in my screenshot I have all 5 stars heroes with maximum relives +5 and this gives my heroes extra ability and make them stronger. Not easy to make them all +5. All my formation heroes upgraded to god level to give extra abilities and power. I`m one of not many people who are still playing Dragon Glory since day 1 and I could write history about this game. I`m always approachable and helped many players to improve the knowledge about game functions, tactics and strategies. After my advises many players developed and say thank you.

So my choice of the heroes:

1. Tank - God Grove Dryad +5- ability to stun
    2. Support hero - God Death lord +5 - because of the buff who increase attack
    3. Attack hero - God Brave Bunny +5 - ability to kill in 1 shot
    4. As well I have maxed red flame dragon who can attack first and make damage
    5. Goddess - Creation Goddess +5 Not even looking good but making good damage + goddess can avoid all buffs because attacking the last one
    6. Main character - Kaunas +5. Firstly my nickname is my hometown where I was born. That city means a lot to me! As well I like to see my character always looking stylish and strong

Its all about tactics and character building! Not general BP!

Attached Files:

3. Elektra

Elektra Member

I have been playing Dragon Glory for over 2 years, I have not tried to be among the strongest in a short time. In the first place it was good to spend time and grow slowly, so I think being a SVIP1 I have a good team building. All my team relive to +5, taked a lot time and a lot runs maked to CST, i wish say Thank You all my guild for help, without them and others friends i would be stuck for long. Thank you My Friends, for help and advice!

My Team:

1. Main - Elektra +5. Why i choose this name nothing to do with Movies, i choose this name of my own character. Well all players very well know me to Treasure, i heard and read how it describes me and i have different names, exemple like Electricitybird and same few days egoi knew that have some secret power After my hit they start faster collect Orbs, well i guess can charge somehow them... I like to say "I am growing and use more voltage power". Thats me Elektra, who like Justise, have fun, chat a lot (sometimes to much).

2. Thunder Dragon Epic, still working make him stronger. Choose him because i really liked how Thunder helping Attacking Hero, my choice Thunder helping Bunny. By the way Thunder same like me with character, like Elektra too. Thunder and electricity work together great, especialy then have huge storm with lightning. My personality and Thunder work with Dragon too.

3. Creation Goddess +5. Like last hitter she work very well, makes good damage. I think these two goddesses are Siamese twins, sharing one pair of wings .... Still looking amazing, feeling like a designer, everything fits in a team.

4. GOD Death Lord +5. He is great Support hero, have buff who incrase team attack. Reminds me
    guillotine, with the sickle .... All the work is done by others but you will not survive her work, what can i say Death Lord wants death of others....

5. GOD Bunny +5. She is amazing, can make a lot damage to others team or just kill all with one hit. Amazing, yes?! Amazingly beautiful, characteristic, half-naked and can blow you away like a wind leaf from a tree. I wish have this power..... She like me, Elektra...

6. GOD Grove +5. have ability to stun and keep all team alive longer. I feel the magic in it, like from a fairy tale ... The big hero, always protecting all team, absorbs the most blows. Would anyone like to be in his place? I will not, but I will admire his strength. Especialy then he stun someone....

Always try watch how My Team working, sometimes make experiments, like this find good balance and find own tactic. So my choice is just mine.

I think i will call all my Team "Light carriers" . The team is complete and ready!

ID 455266533381 s106 Elektra

Attached Files:

4. QD or Queenie

QD or Queenie New Member

s67.Queen Dee (Warlock Server) ~ ID 287762815846
    Hello - Thank you for the opportunity to enter a second contest!
    I have chosen this hero specifically because she is a tree nymph or tree spirit from Greek mythology and always protects me when playing my Dragon Glory game. I asked her to tell me all about her friends and relatives and about her heritage. This is what she said:

Oh of course I can tell you lots about this! My name comes from Drys which signifies "oak" in Greek. Dryads are specifically the nymphs of oak trees. But the term has come to be used for tree nymphs in general.

We are fascinating because we live in harmony and combine human with tree. Apparently we are considered to be shy creatures but you should see my Aunt when around the Goddess Artemis! Not shy at all !! By the way, in case you don’t know, Artemis is known to be a friend to most nymphs as she is the Olympian goddess of the hunt, the moon, and chastity. She’s even helped some of our sisters with childbirth and nature-things.

I have some sisters too: Daphnaie, Epimelides, Hamadryad and Meliae, to name a few.

Unfortunately and sadly my oldest sister has become extinct L Daphnaie. Her kind were nymphs of the laurel trees. The Maliades, Meliades or Epimelides were nymphs of apple and other fruit trees and the protectors of sheep too.

A very distant relative of mine, Hesperides, was considered one of the guardians of golden apples and golden apple trees. But I never even seen a golden apple, have you?!

Anyway, Dryads, like all nymphs, are/were supernaturally long-lived and tied to their homes, but some were a step beyond most nymphs. These were the hamadryads who were an integral part of their trees, such that if the tree died, the hamadryad associated with it died as well. For these reasons, dryads and the Greek gods punished any mortals who harmed trees without first propitiating the tree-nymphs. So watch out!

The dryads of the ash tree were called the Meliae (like my sister). There were some famous Meliae sisters who tended the infant Zeus in Rhea's Cretan cave. Gaea gave birth to the Meliae after being made fertile by the blood of castrated Uranus (ouch!!) The Caryatids were associated with walnut trees.

My granny used to tell me stories about some of her dryad friends who were really famous in her day. Such as Atlanteia and Phoebe, two of the many wives or concubines of Danaus. Can’t remember that whole story but she also told me about Chrysopeleia who was fixed to her tree which was put in terrible danger by the waters of a flooding river nearby. But it all ended ok and she was rescued by Arcas, who happened to be hunting in the neighbourhood. He re-routed the river, as you do, and secured the tree with a dam! Clever old Arcas ! Chrysopeleia became his lover and they had two sons, Apheidas and Elatus.

There were many dryads called Dryope. The name is similar to your ‘Smith’ or ‘Jones’ and a very popular name (bit ‘common’ granny used to say). But there were a lot of famous dryads called Dryope including one who was the daughter of Dryops and mother of Amphissus by Apollo the Greek God. Granny has tried to do our family tree but it’s been a work in progress ever since.

One of my Aunts used to visit every now and then, but she was scarey. She was called Eurydice and was the wife of Orpheus. Rumour has it that Orpheus tried to bring her back from the dead with his enchanting music. Don’t think it worked though.

Oh and another funny story Granny used to tell us when we were kids was about another her 2nd cousin Pitys (which in English means ‘pine’). Pitys was an Oread nymph who was pursued by the notorious Pan. According to some story book, she was changed into a pine tree by the gods in order to escape him!

All my friend and relatives are famous for something it seems ! Dryads are mentioned in Milton's Paradise Lost, in the works of Coleridge, and in Thackeray's novel The Virginians. Keats addresses the nightingale as "light-winged Dryad of the trees", in his "Ode to a Nightingale". In Ezra Pound's Pisan Cantos, Canto LXXXIII. In the poetry of Donald Davidson they illustrate the themes of tradition and the importance of the past to the present. The poet Sylvia Plath uses them to symbolize nature in her poetry in "On the Difficulty of Conjuring up a Dryad", and "On the Plethora of Dryads".

The story "Dear Dryad" (1924) by Oliver Onions features a dryad influencing several romantic couples through history.

The Lev Grossman’s The Magicians Trilogy, the character Julia becomes a dryad after having had her shade removed during her rape at the hands of Reynard the Fox. Her transformation accelerates when she visits Fillory in the company of the novel’s other principals, and is complete when she and Quentin Coldwater visit Fillory’s underworld.

Dryads appear in The Chronicles of Narnia book series by C.S. Lewis.

In the 2005 CG animated film Barbie: Fairytopia, there is a character named Dahlia who is a dryad.

In the 1940 short story The Hardwood Pile by L. Sprague de Camp, the antagonist is a sphendamniad, a dryad-like spirit whose tree has been made into lumber.

In 2015, the feature film, Dryads - Girls Don't Cry, was released in Norway.

In Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Frozen Throne, and Reforged dryads are playable night elf characters.

In Hercules (1997 film) there were some dryads whom Philoctetes was secretly gazing at.

Even the Dryad Lake in Antarctica is named after the nymphs.

Here’s some photos from the family album:
    First one is of GRANNY in her youth.
    Second ons is of my sis Daphnaie RIP seen in one of her last ever fights to victory.
    Third one is of my other sister Hamadryad (showing off, as usual).
    Oh, and lastly, one of me!
    Sorry for the picture quality, my iPhone got a bit wet this morning in the dew.

Ah, better run now, see ya later xxxxx

Attached Files:

5. DragonsBane

DragonsBane New Member

s52.DragonsBane
    ID: 25877385

When I first stated playing Dragon Glory there were only 2 choices for a male hero. The first choice
    was of a red haired guy with a crew cut that looked nothing like me... but! the second choice was of
    a guy with dirty blond hair, blue eyes and striking features which looks EXACTLY like me! So
    naturally I chose that one... the rest is history. ;)

Attached Files:

6. ^ paladins gift^

^ paladins gift^ New Member

this character is practically without VIP presence, plays offensive develops without rubies, interesting, 4e makes you play and tired, there is not much time to change and it all depends on the way of playing and lifting tasks and their implementation, this is interesting in the hero, in practice, has logical thinking, gives a little fighting skills, builds a difficult note, this is very interesting, I want to know what will happen to 190 levels :)

Attached Files:

7. player31002978

player31002978 New Member

I chose my character because he is not small. white and hairy like me, (its tricky typing with paws, must get my nails clipped).
    If I was a human I would want red hair and a flying horse, it would be fun. Anyways, time for my walk. laters, (woof).
    upload_2020-8-11_20-4-42.png
    MarkyMark
    1595236336 upload_2020-8-11_20-6-52.png

8. nadiamole

nadiamole New Member

Соц. ID: 10214111077872364
    Игровой ID: 589108

I chose what was a magical hero I'm a big believer of magic angles and fairies. Her name is Nadiamole I chose this as she is from The land of Narnia and its a good film and book and I come from a small town called Totnes in England and if you look us up you will find that we are twined with Narnia its quite a funny story and still a unknown mystery of who done it, so that's were the Nadia comes from. Second bit Mole this comes from the wind of the willows Toad of Toad hall the mole in that was a very wise mole well I thought that as a child well there you have it Nadiamole my magical fairy xx

upload_2020-8-11_20-40-29.png

9. Lady Alia

Lady Alia Active Member

Lady Alia: ID number369367192419
    I chose the name Alia for a couple reasons.
    First definition: Eye of the Rainbow
    Second: Hebrew definition: exalted one
    Favorite definition: below. Different spelling same name.
    Pretty much sums me up (no I am not an egoist)
    Alia.png
    Alia is a very loyal person who will defend her friends even when betrayed.
    Been playing since game started. The name suits me to a T. Favorite hero is Bunny, main. tank goddess and death lord in that order.
    upload_2020-8-11_15-49-57.png
    I play game because of friends I acquired

nadiamole, VampireS and QD or Queenie like this.
  10. Fadhil

Fadhil New Member

hope the question was why you play this game continuously ?
    because that question Why you have chosen this hero/goddess ? I think we choose our heroes according to prestige level , or if I lucky can get Death Lord , Brave bunny and Grove Dryad whose makes perfect team with dragon king , but there is no space to choose what corresponds to our strategies ...
    we need more heroes each one have a lot of features work in deferent ways depending upon the team chosen that will move the thoughts and make BRAIN work plans find it's way to applied ..
    Now I can answer my question "why you play this game continuously ?"
    Because you can with this game learn us how to make our resources under control , how to control your nerves , how to get new friends , how to challenge without hatred you take advantage of your mistakes to achieve success .

Attached Files:

• BBB4.png
      BBB4.png
      File size:
      1,006.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Anish [28449422]

Anish [28449422] New Member

Hey'all, I am Anish, short for Anishinaabe, as it and I are part of the Ojibwe Nation in northern america. I chose this character for two reasons - she comes with the Alliance faction and she looks good running in heels.

Anish rides a "Newly Born Rabbit" named Loppy. (If you wonder where the name came from look at those adorable loppy ears!) She is accompanied by 4 powerful allies and has several dragons, two of which she relies heavily upon, Flame and Hurricane. Which one joins her team varies, depending on the situation Anish-Comp.png .

Her Goddess has many forms but will always be seen riding a flaming steed, her favourite. Why? The Ojibwe are plains indians, we ride horses, not in canoes.

Anish wears "Frost Embrace Wings" because she's from the frozen northland. Her little companion, a fairy princess she calls Bobbin decided to go with Dark Shadow wings instead of choosing something more like Ani's. Why Bobbin made that choice is unknown, she also rides an iddy-biddy unicorn she named Lass so .. you see what I mean.

Anish is married to her long time gamer friend Azarek whom she playfully calls Aza. She adores him, she also slaughters him if they end up on opposite sides in battle. After all, alls fair in love and war.

I could go on and on about Anish and her part in Dragon Glory but it's time for Killing Field and we don't wanna miss that! Take care, see ya on the battle field!

*edits* I forgot this :
    s122.¤ANISH¤

Right click and copy Char ID : 523986013698

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  12. Pain [26813270]

Pain [26813270] Member

Pain s114 ID 489626271772

13 years ago I chose this name due to tumultuous events. 13 years have come and gone playing several online games with this same name, and this name has provided me solace in that good things will happen even if it does not seem so.

Attached Files:

13. player43483298

player43483298 New Member

s134.İzlem
    I saw this game by chance and liked it very much. When I first entered the game, this character was the character I came across and I chose this one, I do not regret my choice, I will choose the same character again. I'm trying to improve my character as much as I can. Although I don't know the language of this game, I am trying to adapt to the game. a very successful and beautiful game. I hope it continues like this

Attached Files:

14. VampireS

VampireS Member

s35.VampireS
    ID: 3976356
    As my screenshot says, I chose the main hero because I still have a lot of work to do but also for the other heroes, I'm still small but I'm adapting and trying to give up.
    Although I am old in this game I had a few big breaks and this caused me a lot, now I try to be as online as possible and not lose anything because I want to grow as much and as fast as possible

Attached Files:

15. Hamster [26990643]

Hamster [26990643] New Member

Forest's Keeper.png
    The hero i have chosen is Forest's keeper, she is the hero i love the most and when i 1st saw her i worked hard to level up so i could have her in my formation. She looks so awesome and i think she is the most beautiful, he face has a look of innocence with her greenish eyes, long plaited hair and pointy ears but i know she can be very deadly with her flaming bow and her wild cat companion ( who i called Smoochie after a cat i owned that was all black)
    The thing that really made her stand out to me was her skills i always liked to call them the Kitty Stomp, when she stomps all over her enemies
    Kitty Stomp.png
    And the Kitty Punch, her single attack
    Kitty punch.png
    Sadly right now she is not in my formation but one day i hope to make her relive 5 so she can join me again in battle but i know while she waits she is busy keeping the forests safe from enemies and protecting the forest animals and those around her.

489626272203 ID

16. ƒ®Ø§† ߥ‡£

ƒ®Ø§† ߥ‡£ Member

s66.ƒ®Ø§T ߥ‡£ - Char ID: 283467844956

Warrior made from the digital Frost World and 3rd guild master of ÑîηjαŠ!

My main character is inspired from my country's winters and a little computer touch, hence Frost Byte. Have worked on it for well over 2 years and still have work to do. Do take some pride in it!
    FrostImg2.PNG

Now for my crew;

Goddess of Creation: Mainly use her in battle for her power and nice look. But all my goddesses are powerful and work as one, afterall unity is power!
    GoddessImg1.PNG

Brave Bunny: Don't let her demure look fool you, very few attack heroes pack her punch! Fully leveled and equipped she's a force to be reckoned!
    BunnyImg1.PNG

Grove Dryad: Who can deny the sheer force of nature? In tune with it this defense hero can withstand almost any attack, stun ennemies and revive her crewmates. Have worked hard and long to get her to optimum efficiency. And still some room to improve!
    DryadImg1.PNG

Death Lord: Who thought that death could be so helpful? Even tho he's not at God evolution, wich I'm working on, kinda, he supports, shields and heals crewmates and delivers heart stopping effects that just complete the crew's work!
    DeathImg1.PNG

Flame Dragon Queen: Maxed out and gains her force from my main character... match made in hell! What she doesn't burn, I freeze! Truely a glorious dragon to have in a crew!
    DragonImg1.PNG

And voilà! Add to this all the various improvements for each hero and you have your hands full when you meet us on the battlefield. Winter is not coming... I'M ALREADY HERE! :cool: hehe!

FrostImg1.PNG
    My character with my steed Blizzard and pet Shivers.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  17. davissandy689 [22828059]

davissandy689 [22828059] New Member

18. davissandy689 [22828059]

davissandy689 [22828059] New Member

The Hero that I have chosen is my main char, as it says I am a Warrior. In Game and in Life. Been through so many obstacles, and still here to testify.
    Really don't know what to say at this time, will have more later.

19. Lady Alia

Lady Alia Active Member

i love it

nadiamole, VampireS and QD or Queenie like this.
  20. Nyra

Nyra New Member

go kitty go