I've quit

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Rhoan, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

I've been playing Dragon Glory for 2 years, for the last 8 months as a mod. I have always played it seriously, for 8+ hours a day, 12+ since becoming a mod.

This game has had the steepest learning curve of any game I've played, and without the trial and error of people who'd been playing longer, you constantly screw up.

My first toon was s40.Damoka Dayre. I created the alt s39.Rhoan Darhan the following day. Someone in my guild who was an experienced player informed me it was possible to run 2 toons at the same time if they were in 2 different browsers during my first week on the game. From that time, I ran Damoka and Rhoan side-by-side on the same computer in different browsers and counted both as my "mains". I was given the challenge of "play as a non-vip, they grow slower and it's harder but your toon will be stronger", and I accepted the challenge to prove it's possible to play the game as a non-vip even if you're starting on a server where you know nobody.

Unfortunately, of late the atmosphere in cs has become toxic. I will name Brian and a small select group of Deplorables members (not, by any means, all of them) who pack-hunted together and harassed certain players constantly as a primary cause of that. They are not the only serial killers, but they are the only players that did it as a guild. In Total War, not all spawn and stair campers are from Deplorables, but they have a significantly higher number than other guilds. Up until they came, spawn camping at 15 mil was not considered acceptable and very few high bps did it *cough*Kaunas*cough*.

I lost most enjoyment of the game by the end of last year. Becoming a mod gave me some incentive to stay because I believed I could make a difference. After 8 months of working I was dismissed with a curt message I read as "someone doesn't like you and we like them better than you so you're getting shafted". The first I knew about it was when I noticed I'd been kicked from the Dragon Glory discord server. I didn't know if I'd been banned or kicked until I used my saved permalink (that I saved to give to other players so they could access the channel).

I have zero confidence if I continue to play that the next message won't be "someone said you did something wrong so your account has been banned". I get no sense of achievement from playing anymore and it's a constant cause of stress. I see no reason to put further time, money or effort into it.

This isn't the first game I walked away from, but it's the first game I've walked away from feeling totally screwed over, so congratulations for that.

I have already let people know I'm going, dumped all my gear to drop my bp so people can take my arena spots and informed my spouses so they can find new spouses. I will not be coming back, either to Dragon Glory or to another 101xp game.

To the people who made it fun, thank you. The cst runs were appreciated always, as were the people who knew how to team play in cs games and those (particularly big players) who played fair in pvp events. I had a lot of friends on here who I won't name in case they become targets. If you see the writing on the wall, it might be time to emigrate.

PS: For the benefit of Brian and his alleged "many people who know I had a traded account", see the following.

https://rhoan.tinytake.com/tt/MzY5MDY5OV8xMTIxMTk2Nw

I was lazy about not wanting to log in on several accounts. All of my toons have been on the same account from the start.

Attached Files:

2. B R I A N [28636394]

B R I A N [28636394] Banned Users

Ty for announcing your departure from Dragon Glory airport Rhoan.

I changed my game name to SERIAL KILLER, in your honor Rhoan.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2019
  3. Lady Alia

Lady Alia Active Member

I am very sorry to see you go honestly. You were very helpful to me with questions about the game and if you didn't know you found out fast. You tried your best and that is all anyone can do. I am sure others will miss you too. As I told Adam long ago all games come to an end. Regardless if it is an online game. Take care my friend, Pop back in sometime to say hello at least in discord. Above all dear, be at peace.

4. Jay[27443431]_1

Jay[27443431]_1 New Member

nice to see people acting as a guild, kudos to them for strengthening up and fighting back.

B R I A N [28636394] likes this.
  5. B R I A N [28636394]

that's what made Rhoan hate us. He use to target us when we was noobs, now that we are all strong, he couldn't stand it. The reason I attack certain players more than others is because of how I was treated when I was a noob. You reap what you sow.

Since you don't play the game anymore. I will leave you with this.

Attached Files:

Jay[27443431]_1 likes this.
  6. CandelLife

CandelLife Active Member

I'm still in shock that it went this far, and Rhoan was not the one doing the targeting, I think the majority of players already know this. Here we go again, same day - different game, eh Brian? I hope you people don't think it's over, he's only just begun.

7. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

Jay:
    Nope, I was alerted to "gang activity" on the part of the guild which frankly I didn't believe. Until I had documented evidence of people being hunted. Even then, I was telling people "give them the benefit of the doubt, it could be they're just killing everyone for points"...but certain guild members have announced they are hunting certain players.

Acting as a guild to harass people is not praiseworthy, and it's worrying if you think it is. If you have 10 players in a pvp game of 20 players, and several of the other players are inactive, you can't say "they're picking on our guild" when someone is going for medals. Your guild will get hit more if there's more of you there. It's simple statistics. If you're in there all day every day then it's going to stack up.

It's funny how you get mad and bear grudges about getting killed when you were small, yet if small players complain about getting killed by you you're all "it's pvp lol, we're good to do it".

I used to take very small toons into the daytime events since the complaints and observe who was doing the killing. I tried different toons on different days at different times. Each time, the toon would die more to Deplorables players than to the players Deplorables complained about for being serial killers.

Brian:
    I didn't target you when you were new; I wasn't in pvp much around the time you started which I'm thinking is possibly August last year. Unless you're saying you were playing round about back in April 2018 on the earlier servers under different names. Since I got all the medals for god death lord, I rarely entered the daytime events. As for the evening events, I didn't notice who I was clicking.

Certain players targeted me a lot when I was small, too. When I eventually caught them, I took great pleasure in kicking their asses. For a few days. Then I moved on. I didn't use the "they picked on me a year ago" excuse to hunt them all over pvp for the next 12 months. That shows a capacity for grudge-bearing and hatred.

For the record, I don't hate you. To me, you are simply a problem that needs fixing. The game didn't give me the capacity to do that, so I will let the law of sowing and reaping you like to quote so much catch up on you. I don't have an issue with most of the guild as I didn't see most of them bullying people or provoking trouble. I had to many times ask people to take the rest of the guild as individuals rather than just as a member of the guild that does the most spawn camping and group bullying. I expect the rest of the "selected" group I mention above will chip in on this thread too.

CandelLife and Lady Alia like this.
  8. player29628790

player29628790 New Member

Rhoan,
    You showed a bias as a mod. Maybe it is hard for you to see. You once stated I was targeting some random new player and you had proof. I asked you to show me that proof because I did not nor do I still believe it now. You said you must have deleted it. You can even ask the players that I "went after". I was more bark than bite. Quite frankly, some of them deserved to be targeted a bit more from me than they got and I bet they would agree. A few would kill me 10 plus times in a single event and I have never done that even as payback towards them. When your friend Iris bullied me in an event and i called her out you actually joined her in attacking me. You also warned me about "going after her" in revenge. As a mod your warning was not game mod related but more retaliation related in the threat. So not only did you show bias you showed hypocrisy in your actions. Had you done your job correctly, Brian would have been punished for his actions and others would have been for theirs. When you went after Brian for reacting to others comments and not those initiating the conflict, it helped to create a more volatile environment. Those that poke at a player to try to get a reaction need to be held accountable for their action as well. Going after an entire group of players because of their affiliation is also unacceptable. If players want to make it difficult for our guild, I will start making it difficult on them. If they keep trying to turn our own players against us to leave our guild, it only makes us stronger.

9. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

Yes, I constantly had to deal with players who were poked by Brian once he'd laid the groundwork of harassment over months until he could blow up chat in a few sentences. But Brian was not the only person who got punished for their actions, despite his claims (which his entire guild believes without question).
    2nd edit: The first time I had to deal with anyone in Deplorables, I watched Brian and Karma repeatedly taunting the same player for at least a week in cs chat until said player finally retaliated. From what I saw, it was provocation.

The video in question was deleted which was a mistake; I didn't have space on the online account and I had to report a bug with a video so I deleted the video of the serial killing without checking I had a backup. I was unable to get another copy so I dropped the matter.

I have also dealt with friends when it looked like they were in the wrong or things were simply getting out of hand. Iris did get into a fight once and I pmed her on it while telling the other players involved to back off. If chat's blowing up I can't deal with multiple people simultaneously.
    Edit: I also didn't go after players smaller than Iris if they were yelling at her; there was no point.
    2nd edit: I could only act on what I saw. Mods are not omniscient and if I load in 3 minutes after everything kicks off I have no idea what happened before. All I see is what's happening "now".

I repeatedly told players not to go after the whole Deplorables guild because of some of its members' actions. Yes, at the beginning, all Deplorables were tarred with the same brush because their "leading lights"' behaviour was unacceptable. I made an effort to filter out those who were reasonable from those who weren't.

Players did provoke fights with Brian. Several months after I saw him provoking fights with them. Those players did not get off scot-free. I was pming them to tell them not to say anything provocative, and in some cases they got very pissed at me for it. "Why can he say thus and so and I get told not to retaliate?"

But I guess you see what you want to see.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  10. player29628790

First of you immediately killed me from both Rohan and Damoka account when Iris lost her mind. I was 1/10th her size and she was in the wrong.One of my guild members has SS's of the whole conversation and she was flat out being a bully. You piled on for a few minutes. Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction but you immediately killed me 3x on Rhoan and once on Damoka. You stopped either because you had to deal with all of the PM's or because you realized what you were doing was not right. The fact of the matter is there are players like Lena who constantly targeted smaller players 5-15x per treasure event and didn't think anything of it. It was part of the game and completely acceptable in their minds. But if you have a couple of players like that mixed in with 2-3 kills per from others you literally cannot do anything but be a punching bag. Once our guild members became big enough to handle business on their own they did. When you got back from an event and found out that the same players that attacked you when you were small were doing it to other small players it was clear these players needed to be dealt with. when it became overwhelming for them they cried foul. Yet that is exactly what they were doing to others small players. You cannot have it both ways. I have tried to talk to Lena. To have her acknowledge what she did and apologize to one player for making that player feel the way Brian made Lena feel. She could not come to grips that she could cause anyone to feel that way. Brian was protecting the small players that she went after and she absolutely hated him for it. The only difference between them is he would come straight out and say it. He was verbally WAY more aggressive. I reached out with an olive branch to make peace with Lena. I did the same in guild and got them to agree that if she would stop with her verbal jabs and would apologize to one player that players would leave her alone. She chose to keep doing it. She wants to incite Brian into saying something he will get banned for. That is her goal. I don't think she has ever been reprimanded for her name calling and for her part in all of this. Again, you showed Bias. You had Brian muted for calling someone derp when she had called him a drunk on multiple occasions with no recourse. It is because of actions like this you were fired. You made poor decisions. No matter how you feel about a person you cannot show bias when you are in a position of power. It is an abuse of that power. I wish you luck in the future but use this as a learning experience.

11. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

Brian himself on multiple days has said he was drunk, so if someone calls him a drunk can they be accused of "calling him names"?

I have reprimanded Lena before via pm. Mainly because people jumped on it when I gave public warnings (particularly Brian but also others), I started giving pm warnings, figuring if they weren't going to stop, the pm should at least distract them and give them an alternative way to vent other than in wc.

Because Brian started yelling "bias" whenever I asked him to get out of the chat and stop provoking (like I did with several other players), I left his warnings in wc. Whether he was the initial provoker was irrelevant by that point as chat would be blowing up. If he hadn't insisted on continuing then there were at least 2 other players that would have been muted for also breaking chat rules, but I was too busy dealing with him to get to them until they'd left chat. (I have ss of this and also commented on the mod channel on 1 occasion that "x should have been muted also for breaking y rule but I couldn't get to it in time".)

I remember Iris getting in an argument with a smaller player at 1 point and I pmed her, as I said. I don't have any recollection of going after the player in question particularly, if it was kf and you spawned near me then probably I did kill you. Also, I asked you to stop it. While 2 people are arguing it's not possible to calm chat down by telling them to cut it out (I have earlier ss proving this) so I will deal with the player I know first while telling the other player to step out.

During that mute time there was another player who should have had 2 warnings rather than 1 and risked a mute but because things kicked off so fast I didn't spot the second bit I should have given the warning for until later. (Having said that, I gave 3 players warnings in that chat. After Brian was muted the arguments stopped and the other players didn't continue; if they'd continued or started taunting him for the mute they would also have been muted.)

schumanj60 likes this.
  12. Iris

Iris New Member

I don’t know what Rhoan did or said or didn’t for that matter and I won’t go into this analysing any of the mod business mentioned here, but I will address the one thing that involves my name (directly and indirectly).

So, player29628790, I thought about ignoring you, but I couldn’t stand by and let you spread false rumours. Our squabble (and not bullying) happened in Dragon Trial, not Killing Fields.

How do I know this? Because I literally told you that day in the chat that I was in a hurry to collect my 3K points and move on to the next part of the event which is the team one. Rhoan was waiting for me to finish collecting points. So, when you “called me out” as you said, I explained I was in a rush and that I would be off for the rest of the round (which was more than half of those 30 mins). Also, I mentioned I killed indiscriminately in a rotation, but if you happened to cross my path more than once I would click you.

Yet you chose to continue by asking what would you “small players do, quit the game?” and that was when I flat out told you that I would only stay for your benefit and kill you as much as I could. And let the records show that you attacked too. Granted then I could still kill you, so it was a pointless tactic. Anyway, yes. You got on my nerves about dying in a pvp arena so I killed you a bunch more. And then, I promptly forgot about you until the next time you talked directly to me in cs chat and looked like you were holding a grudge?!

Anyway, now that you can kill me since you’re stronger than me, I think, I figured you’d be over it. Apparently not, because you’ve threatened to hunt me from “stronger toons” when I killed small toons you apparently bring in dt and gt. And you did! But it’s cool, you can kill me. I’ll still get mad in the moment and then promptly forget you again. Until you speak to me about the terrible wrongdoing I brought to your life by killing you in a game of pvp arena months ago! The horror!! Pretty sure part of your guild, as well as other big players, are using the same argument. Which, up to a point, is correct. But if the definition of bullying is killing players in cs events, then I guess the whole game partakes in bullying.

Oh, and player29628790? When you’re ready to accuse me of bullying publicly again, next time do it under your game name(s).

P.S. But since you’re claiming a guild member has screenshots of that day, please share them bc all I’ve written above is from memory alone. Hopefully the actual ss and from the moment we both appeared in the chat. Not just half a chat, but I have a good memory, I’ll know anyway! :D

LL1[25792001] and CandelLife like this.
  13. B R I A N [28636394]

I was called in to dragon trial to take care of you Iris. I remember this day well. Rhoan/Damoka/you and your friends have the real "mob mentality". And now your guy's problem is you guys can't beat us in anything. Enjoy your day.

14. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

I guess 2 people going into a single game on the same day is very scary to a guild that regularly took 10+ people to cs games. I apologise for frightening you and making you feel threatened with my extremely scary 2-person "mob", and I'm sorry you feel that way.
    I can't remember if I was even in the same section on that particular day, or if I was on floor 2 just watching the chat. I just remember the chat kicking off and having to pm both parties to cool it.
    Anything? :D;)

15. player29628790

Jesus, Iris really? have I hunted you? not at all. I have maybe killed you a dozen times in over the last 2 months. You flipped out and continued attacking me. You have admitted it. I brought it up because it was relevant to this conversation. The fact that Rhoan wants to act as if he was fair and equal to all. He was not. So Rhoan, If i state I was gay should people be able to throw homosexual comments my way just because "it was a fact?" I'm not but the point is just because someone stated they were drunk does not give another person the right to call them a drunk over and over. The fact that you kept Brians reprimands in world chat and PM'd the others shows that you handled other players differently. It gives some a belief that you are in fact targeting one player for their actions and letting the others slide. That again, is a mistake. Learn from it. Most players in this game do not have an issue with our guild. Should I hate all white people because of the recent actions of a couple in OHIO and Texas? Dislike a player for their actions all you want but to say they are all like this because of an affiliation or association is what is wrong with society as a whole. We have very good members that are liked by most. When you have hundreds of people playing a game you will have players that don't like you whether warranted or not. I hope some will realize their part in this and tone it down. Lady Alia deserves some credit for realizing fanning the flames only causes a more volatile environment and a less enjoyable experience for all. Thank you Lady A for taking the high road. I bet the game is much more enjoyable for you now.

16. Rhoan

Rhoan Active Member

I kept Brian's in wc and others in pm as a result of his own actions - taunting other players with "enjoy your mute" if I warned them in wc and announcing in wc that I'm "biased and targeting him" if I warned him in pm. Which I explained. And you ignored. Along with a sizable portion of the rest of my reply.

I believe I did see Lena call Brian a drunk. Once. Not "over and over". And from memory that was after he already said he was drunk. It was a factual comment at the time but it was not helpful. The same goes for other players who "stirred". They were warned, and if it went further than stirring, they were muted.

Feel free to make further accusations of anything any player said while I was afk, dealing with something else, on server while it was said in cs (or in cs while it was said on server) or sleeping. I'm not omniscient and I can only go on the information I have. If I load into the middle of an argument I can only deal with what I see.

It's fine if you want to believe that I only targeted Brian (and/or Deplorables) and never dealt with anyone who got into an argument or disagreement with him (and/or you). I can't change your opinion.

17. CandelLife

CandelLife Active Member

Leaving word here, I have quit the game. Brian ruined it for me like he did the last one. I found another game and will hope he doesn't show up there like he did here. I'm not going to waste any more time with all this drama. Enjoy controlling your game Brian, keep them all in line. As soon as I saw he had joined this game, I knew what to expect, same as last time and now here we are. I met a lot of good people here and will miss you guys, but I play games for entertainment and fun and this isn't that any longer.

18. Lady Alia

Lady Alia Active Member

the one thing i learned is that you don't have to read these forums, you don't even have to listen in world chat or on server you can shut it down, no matter where you are. It has helped me cope and i hope others will learn this too. I am done with bickering over a game life is too short. DO what you do and when I get tired of hearing it I will shut it down and put all your talk in the garbage can. Peace

CandelLife likes this.
  19. ᗩᒪᒪᎩ

ᗩᒪᒪᎩ Active Member Moderator

Thread locked.

We hade enoguh guys , please lets keep as much as we can this forum on positive side <3
    Group hugs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.