IMPORTANT - Tournament server rewards

Discussion in 'News' started by Bejszi, Sep 24, 2018.

1. s91.Adam Kruf

s91.Adam Kruf Active Member

I am hard pressed to trust my eyes.

The choice of wording could have been better, I agree. Knowing Bejszi I am convinced no offense was intended. But it was caused nevertheless.

What surprises me more is the apparent casuality displayed by 101: How can you dish out 2.1 Million skill books? No checks and balances? And I am hard pressed to see a simple typo here. Fact is that the players who got the books will gain a very nice boost.

This "mistake" fits quite nicely with some other issues, most notably the timing of server merge and golden september. I have a server merge on Tuesday (25 September), a day I am at work. I cannot participate early in the merge which is a bad thing for me and the guild. Also, I will get golden september later, meaning other players can benefit from the event while I canmot. They will be stronger in CS events like floors or flags. One could say this is only temporary, sure, but the effect is there and I feel mistreated.

All things considered, I cannot help but having the impression that player motivation and well-being did not make it into the priority list of 101. Some compensation for ALL players appears appropriate.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Caltha

Caltha Active Member

Bejszi meant no harm at all, I'm certain of that. She does what she is asked to do as a mod for this board and English is not her first language. However, there is some serious mishandling of this situation. I call for all people affected to state how they want to be compensated for this.

3. s91.Adam Kruf

s91.Adam Kruf Active Member

ty Caltha. I have past midnight here, too tired and likely not really in the mood to come up with a good suggestion now. I'll sleep over it, tomorrow is another day.

Caltha likes this.
  4. S25 Doria Rose

S25 Doria Rose Active Member

we all know Bej didnt mean to insult anyone she is only the messenger but common sense should tell you 2 million books was not a reward earned lets put blame where blame is due the Devs not the mods

5. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Doria, I know so many people who used and what? It's not them fault. Everyone should receive books not to reach maximum costume enchantment to make it equal

6. S25 Doria Rose

S25 Doria Rose Active Member

I agree it needs to be made right but its not the mods that can do it its the devs

VampireS, snmarx and Neamhain like this.
  7. CandelLife

CandelLife Active Member

Which dev is getting yelled at right now for clicking all those zeroes after the 2? How does someone give 2,000,000 instead of 2 by accident?

VampireS, Neamhain and S25 Doria Rose like this.
  8. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

Oh com'on guys, let's not be ridiculous: one receives 2M books and thinks it is a fair reward for 4 days of tournament? Knowing how much a single one costs?
    We can appreciate players are frustrated, but to then want to keep these books is dishonest and pathetic. Mistakes and whatever.
    And please let's not take it again against the mods, they cannot do a thing other than report our issues trying to help: relax with them!!

Adam I'm in same predicament as yourself but I don't think this mistake was to befit anyone.
    Though am annoyed others have started the golden event and all we are told is that there will be some more groups or we'll get some coins.... not good enough to be honest. The event should have started at the same time for ALL servers.
    I just hope these groups or coins will put us on same level as others, ranking wise. Sadly, I have an inkling that they won't achieve that.

Mia[24550857] likes this.
  9. mikeo183

mikeo183 New Member

for all the grief the Dev's have put us through screwing up so many things and events, I would have spent them in a heartbeat had I played butsince most recent events have been lame I refrained

10. Tahara

Tahara New Member

I am sure some people will have leveled out their costumes to max with this mistake.
    Will there be a rollback somehow? Or will everyone now get the skill books needed to max out costume skills?

11. Neamhain

Good question; I am sure you can imagine where it leads.... :)

PS: ...for the record, I just got 4 skill books.

12. H31NR1CH

H31NR1CH Member

maxing all costume skill level to 20 is a SERIOUSLY ILL boost..... im guesssing ill be like tons of people.. leaving if this thing not fixed in a fair way for everyone.

and definitly not starting another 101xp game if I quit this game....

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Kitty Tipum likes this.
  13. Neamhain

Well, we ALL know one another in server, so if someone suddenly has gone up 2/3/4M BP we will know how that happened.

14. Caltha

Caltha Active Member

I can't hold that against a single person on my server. Most people auto claim and auto foster. Why not? It is an option for the game. I also only received what prizes I knew I would earn from the tournament prize list, but I do not hold the fact that people got more than me against them or even that they used it. It was sent to them. It is theirs. My question is how are we going to move forward now? Will the rest of us be rewarded accordingly as well? Or will the mistake that we are not responsible for be another nail in the coffin of this game?

Kaunas, Torie Haska, VampireS and 3 others like this.
  15. Ravens

Ravens Active Member

I doubt you even have to ask that question.

16. Neamhain

You cannot auto foster costume skill books as far as I am aware. You gotta choose which skill and then gotta click onto the tab to use the books.
    And in my book dishonesty is never justified by other's mistakes. But then, that is me.
    Just because something has been given to them by mistake, it does not mean it's theirs to keep. They got it by mistake and it's impossible not to realise that.

I believe devs can look into where these 2M books have gone and revert the "damage" to everyone's satisfaction.
    Don't think for an instant that they will give away books to max costume skills to all participants in the event. Won't happen and we know why: costly.
    They have way to amend to this mistake, give them just a moment to fix it.

Mia[24550857] and ᗩᒪᒪᎩ like this.
  17. Ravens

Ravens Active Member

I don't disagree, But I say will this. That is a massive advantage going into a server merge. You cannot fix what damage that is going to do.

At best this will go over like a FART IN CHURCH.

18. Neamhain

Yes they can fix it.
    The issue is to see in how long; these type of mistake take time but in the end they will find out where those books have gone and whoever used them will be in trouble.
    It's impossible not to figure that receiving 2M skill books for a 4 days tournament is certainly a mistake.
    It's up to us too now, to help out reduce the damage in servers by asking those who got so many books to come forward, so devs can rectify it.
    We can see who shoot up of millions overnight and we can talk to them; nothing bad about being honest, right?

Mia[24550857] likes this.
  19. Ravens

Ravens Active Member

So they are going to fix this in less than 6 hours before the server merge??? Come on Nea.

20. Neamhain

As I said it will take time. Why such expectation of 6 hours? What's the worse that will happen, a lost guild battle, someone reaches 1st place in arena or wins Eternal battle next Sunday? The CS tournament? None of these can become permanent damage.

Imagine when those who used the books to gain advantage will be found out, what you think devs will do? Everyone across servers by now knows of this, so there won't be an excuse for having used them.

I am as frustrated as all of you guys, but we gotta be reasonable. I know: most of us begrudge devs for one reason or another, but let's not cross the boundaries of reasonableness with absurd requests so to "punish" them. This mistake is only few hours old, they need time.
    We can only try to get the mistake amended, whether we like it or not that's all we can demand.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018