[Guide] How to take and share screenshot

Discussion in 'Guides & FAQs' started by Bejszi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

How to take a Screen Shot

To take a screenshot, you will use your "Print Screen" option.
    This is usually located somewhere in the upper right-hand corner of your keyboard.

[​IMG]

(Make sure whatever it is you need a picture of, is clearly visible on your screen) Once you hit "Print Screen," a copy of your screen will be saved to your clipboard.

Immediately after taking the screenshot, paste it into your paint program,

To find and open MS Paint,
    click on searching engine on the botton left corner of screen, then, type "Paint" in opened window.

[​IMG]

With Paint now open, hit "Control" + "V" or navigate to your toolbar and choose "Edit" and "Paste." Your screenshot should pop up on the screen. You can save it as either a .JPG or a .GIF in its current size, which will be a large as your screen's current dimensions, or you can resize it to make it easier to display before saving.

Also if you wish to cut only selected area, click on "Select" tool, drag around area which you wish to have saved.

[​IMG]

Then just click on "Edit" -> "Cut" -> "File" ->"New" -> Ctrl + v and then, finally, "File" -> "Save as".

If you want to keep whole screenshot, simply skip these "Select" steps and directly choose "Save as", there you can choose name and location, where will be screenshot saved.

Another method of Screen shot capture:
    Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10

Sometimes the easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen—this is what Snipping Tool does. Use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes.

You can capture part or all of your PC screen, add notes, save the snip, or email it right from the Snipping Tool window.

[​IMG]

Snipping Tool window

To open Snipping Tool

• Open Snipping Tool by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer up, and then clicking Search), entering Snipping Tool in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Snipping Tool.
    You can capture the following types of snips:

• Free-form Snip. Draw any shape around an object with your finger, mouse, or tablet pen.
    • Rectangular Snip. Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
    • Window Snip. Choose a window—like a browser window or a dialog box.
    • Full-screen Snip. Capture the entire screen.
    Capture a snip

In Snipping Tool, tap or click the arrow next to the New button, choose the kind of snip you want, and then pick the area of your screen that you want to capture. The snip is automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window.

Tip

• You can add notes to a snip by writing or drawing on or around the snip.
    Capture a snip of a menu

1. After you open Snipping Tool, open the menu that you want a picture of.
    2. Press Ctrl+PrtScn.
    3. Tap or click the arrow next to the New button, choose the kind of snip you want, and then pick the area of the screen that you want to capture.
    Save a snip

1. After you capture a snip, tap or click the Save Snip button.
    2. In the Save As dialog box, enter a file name, location, and file type, and then tap or click Save.
    Remove the URL

When you capture a snip from a browser window and save it as an HTML file, the URL appears below the snip. To prevent the URL from showing up:

1. Tap or click Tools, and then tap or click Options.
    2. In the Snipping Tools Options dialog box, clear the Include URL below snips (HTML only) check box, and then tap or click OK.
    Share a snip

After you capture a snip, tap or click the arrow next to the Send Snip button, and then choose whether you’d like to send the snip in the body of your email or as an attachment.

We hope you find this tutorial helpful.

Also, if you can provide to me EN versions of my screenshots, send it to me, please. I'll switch them.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Ally, s.46 arcanese and Allyisah like this.
  2. Tricia

Tricia Active Member Staff Member Moderator

There is different programs what you can use

Here is few example of those, but there i much more these programs.

Lightshot https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

Greenshot http://www.example.com

Screenshot captor https://screenshot-captor.en.softonic.com/?ex=REG-60.0

When you have download some screenshot program, only what you need to do is hit PrtScn button in our keyboard

Different programs safe screenshots to our computer or to cloud. When you download some program, make sure you know how that program is saving your screenshots. To Cloud or to your own computer (find out where its saved)​

Example is from Lightshot program

Hit PrtScn (pring screen) button when you want a screenshot.
    Your game screen "frozen" and you are ready to take screen​

Click your mouse on the screen area where you want to take a screen, drag mouse cursor left to right down or right to left down to "paint" area what you want to be in your screenshot

When you have painted it you got this kind of choice window, in pic has been rounded cloud button what is fast and really handy to use.

upload_2018-4-6_0-39-21.png

Program is now prepares your screenshot and make a small window.
    upload_2018-4-6_0-19-47.png

When screenshot is ready, you have two options, open or copy, also you see a link info on there.

If you choose open, it open it to browser where you can see screenshot what you have just taken and there you can copy link address or if you choose copy, then you need to paste that link somewhere.
    Link are quite easy to send to somebody, add in e-mal or when you need send a ticket.​

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  3. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

How to add screenshot to your post

If you have troubles with adding screenshot(SS) to your post on forum, you can follow these steps and I am pretty sure that it will work.
    Let's say that you successfully saved SS into your pc (following guide above).

First way is add SS as attachment. Simply hit "Upload a File" button while creating your post. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Once you hit that button, dialogue window will open. Use "Browse" or "Choose File", then you have to find your wished SS in your pc and select it.
    [​IMG]

SS it will be added to your post as attachment - miniature.
    [​IMG]

After clicking on it it will appear in original size.
    [​IMG]

And that's all :D Not too hard, right?

------------------
    Second way is this.
    For these ones who want to add pic directly into post, exact position in text or so... is here another way. It needs base knowledge about pc.

Upload it. Somewhere. Doesn't matter to where, but make sure that your screenshot will stay saved there for some time.

If you use some good hosting i.e. tinypic, my favourite imgbb.com or so, there you can upload your pic and from generated codes you will choose "direct link".
    OR
    If not and you wanna use something much easier, your FB profile as example, go there, upload a picture (I am sure you all know how to :D).
    Then open your picture on FB in original size, right-click on it and choose "Copy image location" o something similar, according to browser which you are using.
    [​IMG]

Go back to forum and try to find a nice icon, showing some mountain with sun.
    [​IMG]

Click and paste your image link into popup, which will jump on your screen.
    [​IMG]

And "Insert".
    If everything was done right way, your pic will appear directly in place where you wished to have it.

BUT if you were not successful and used wrong link - happens from time to time, as some uploaders have really horrible choices for pic links - it will show you only tag.

NOTE: I recommend you to make sure which link are you using - EVERYTIME. If you open new tab or window in your browser, then hit CTRL V in address box and press "enter", it should show you only image itself, nothing more!

If this all won't help you, feel free to send me PM and I will try my best to make it working for you.

:)

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Allyisah, Tricia and ᗩᒪᒪᎩ like this.