Event timing

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Neamhain, Jun 22, 2018.

?

Would you like events to run twice a day, so that both emispheres can play them?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2018.
  1. Yes, please

100.0%
  2. It would be fair, but does not affect me (for those living on server time)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neamhain

Neamhain Well-Known Member

We should have two Server Boss at merges. It's unfair that many lose out due to the timing of that event.

player23721510 likes this.
  2. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

One boss per player would be best.

//EDIT: Before accusing me that I'm rude, try to think... 5 bosses were gone during about 5 minutes. You came +-7 hours later. How many bosses should be there to let everyone participate?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  3. Neamhain

We won't ever know: Europeans never stood a chance to see that. You were around so managed, doesn't change we did not have a chance; perhaps devs would have timed it right for me and others to participate, but we will never know since it did not happen.
    So NO, one boss server is unfair to those in European time zones (we pay as the others, so why can't we get a decent time to play it as well?)

Why would I accuse you of being rude, do you intend to be? I don't get your comment here, puzzled as to why you made it.

LeavesEyes likes this.
  4. ᗩᒪᒪᎩ

ᗩᒪᒪᎩ Active Member Moderator

Bosses are not at a time, they are there all day.
    ''First come, first served''
    Please this is an suggestion thread...let's keep it that way!

5. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

I am european and I was there. So not all European.
    Also I can say that europeans are not able to join EB, KF, TW or guild hegemony, working ones can't join guild battle, KG. DI, bonfire etc.
    You can't generalise. And as it's worldwide game, it will never happen to make ALL (and ALL means ALL players. Not only me and chosen ones) players happy.
    Only solution would be national servers. But with this population...

6. Neamhain

In fact it is NOT about the event, just the timing of it. If it starts when many are asleep, they won't stand a chance to participate. If we cannot participate due to wrong timing for our time zone, then it's irrelevant how long the event "stays". It is about having opportunity to be there when it starts Ally. Europeans NEVER get a fair chance on events and we have complained in many about this issue.

Kindly, see if you mods can get this changed in better for us all.

7. Neamhain

As said, just YOU were there on time. Happy for you but not for the rest of us whom were asleep.
    We Europeans complained tons of times about the issue of timing of events; we never stand fair chances as most start overnight when we are fast asleep.

8. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Okay, so if 8am for me (2am server time) is not good for you, which time would be nice?

and again - I AM EUROPEAN. So if it's good for me and I am european, it must be good for ALL europeans.
    Now you get it?

9. Neamhain

At 8AM people are getting ready to go work, those who got one (or take kids to school, many of us). 7PM when they come back would be nice if possible.

10. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Ah, but I work (so I think ALL work) since 9am to 9pm. So it wouldn't be nice, because I wouldn't participate. (if I apply your logic to this, NO european would be able to participate :D )

11. Neamhain

Then perhaps 8PM, when people have come home and cooked for family and can sit and relax? Generally people work from 9am to 5/6pm, so 8pm or even 10pm could do for the majority (special cases excluded of course).

12. Mia[24550857]

Mia[24550857] Active Member

Hey everyone :)
    In a game who hosts worldwide players it is very difficult to have an agenda which satisfies everyone. If every player would post her/his ideal time, there'll be at least ten more players telling that time does not fit them :)

Bejszi likes this.
  13. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Why should I been excluded? I am european and player and payer (even less than you) so I want to be able to participate too. If all, then all.

14. Neamhain

We know that, but two events to suits both emispheres would do.
    Since from both emispheres people pay and play I don't see why we should not have two. It is possible to make this happen, both sides of the globe have paying players: so why only for one side time to participate is suitable?

We asked in many players, several times, for you mods to help us getting there.
    Europeans work on average from 9AM to 5/6AM. I am pretty sure that most of us could participate at about 10PM. There would be few - very few - whom work different shifts.

The point is that a majority of us would finally be able to enjoy events which we lose out on now because we are asleep when they start.

15. Neamhain

You would not be excluded if the event starts at 10PM. You finish at 9PM :)

PS: this was a suggestion (from a player), so I am not clear as to why it has been removed from the thread.

16. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Okay then, now I am happy about timing.
    But...what about non-european players on server? As there wasn't set exact time when maint will end. So it would be random too...

I moved it to make solo discussion. .-)

//EDIT: I forgot about asian/australian ones too. As I said, IMHO only regional servers could make that. And still there would be some players complaining.

17. Neamhain

I mentioned two events to cover both emispheres; am sure one time can be found for the other emisphere to suit the majority living there. It's impossible to consider every single case, but it is possible to find a timing which suits most players.

There are only 24 time zones in the world: one emisphere covers 12 and so does the other. We can find a suitable timing to allow most players fair chance to participate to events if we have two per.

Bejszi likes this.
  18. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

If we will stay focused on merge bosses, I think merges doesn't happen enough often to make this adjustment working and worth of it.
    Btw, ty for changing mind from ALL to MOST of all :) It's really big difference.

19. Neamhain

Always meant the majority, thought it was clear :)
    Anyhow, the suggestion involved specifically Server Boss today, but we asked many times before about all events - dragon city for example is at impossible times! I believe devs could do that to help many more players enjoy events, it's just about making two events (CS) per at different times as said.

20. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

CS events were asked many times, but answer is "these events cannot be run 2 times a day".
    At least for now... :/