Demon eyes

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by War[28953709], Feb 7, 2019.

1. War[28953709]_1

War[28953709]_1 Member

I watch what my count is. I watch what the count in my pack is. Yet I have watched the counts differ. I did not leave a room. Nothing is laying on the ground. Yet in the last 5 minutes these two number have not matched by 5.
    How am i loosing gems?

2. viper_qld

viper_qld Active Member

only way i can see that players lose gems is from the boss kill, either not collecting one of the drops(which come in multiples) which can happen if the drop lands on the other side of a boundary to the area you are in and be out of reach of auto pickup and not be visually seen by you.

3. War[28953709]_1

War[28953709]_1 Member

If you kill a monster, and do not collect the gem, and get killed or leave the room. The gem will sit on the floor. Not sure how long but it will fade away. Thus your count on the side and your count in the bag will be different. i.e. system will say you have your 600, but you only have 598 or less in the bag.
    When this happens (as I keep the bag open to track it) I will mount up and ride around looking to see where I died to find the gem. Which I have to pick up manually. If however, I miss it I loose it. I found out yesterday, while I was watching it, a funny thing. I tried to hunt a bigger monster, for a faster drop , but it did not work out. I could not kill them as easily as they could hurt me. So I left and went back to the smaller monster. I checked and my pack and count numbers matched. After about a half hour the counts suddenly changed. I was confused as I could not see any on the ground and had not died. So I mounted up and went looking. Found 3 gems on the ground where I had tried to hunt bigger monsters. Only thing I can conclude is that I hurt ones that had gems. But since I did not kill them they did not drop, until someone did kill them.