Christmas story contest

Discussion in 'Contests and quizes' started by Edward Monkes, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Monkes

Edward Monkes Administrator Community Manager

[​IMG]

Cold December hit our doors. Spreading out the white mantle, making nature look like a snow fairy. A charming warm atmosphere filled the heroes hearts. The whole world began its preparations for Christmas and New Year with joy and happiness. Smiles and love in people hearts make everything festive. Beautiful ornaments decorate the Christmas trees and colourful lights decorate the houses around the cities. So beautiful, so unique. So very festive! Everything reminds of the holidays. However, in a far away place, there is a magical world with brave heroes and dragons. So mythical and beautiful place that is also in the New Year atmosphere, there is a small city called Glory City. A quiet and warm city where the residents live in peace. The streets are filled with sounds of children laughing and happiness. Every house filled with relatives to spend the celebrations all together. But there is an old little house deep inside the dark forest that has neither ornaments nor lights. An old brave fighter lives there alone. Sitting alone in an old chair next to the half-burned fireplace and looking outside the window. A very old childhood memory comes and fills the cold heart with happiness and makes our Old brave Hero smile.

Dear Heroes of Dragon Blood! Let us become a part of our Hero's story and help him together to remember his holidays when he was a child.

Contest terms:
    • Tell us a story of Christmas or New Year holidays, real or imaginary.
    • The story must take place in our magical game world.
    • The story must not be more that 450 words.
    Try to meet these criteria:

a) The place and city our hero grew up.
    b) Hero's house, decorations and the atmosphere around Holidays.
    c) Funny moments of these days.Snow fights, presents, magical friends that hero could have.

We hope our criteria will help you to find the right direction during your story.

Rules:
    • One story per player.
    • You must specify the nickname, server and game ID of your character.
    • Do not forget about the rules of the forum. All those who violate the rules will have their submission removed.
    • Sense of humor is welcome, but remember that the most funny and unusual story will receive the rewards.
    The contest will last from December 26th to January 8th.

So, what is your story?

2. Alexandre

Alexandre New Member

Once upon a time when dragons still in earth, every years there was a day when all creatures of world leave their homes for come to main server and be in peace surronded by love just for one day one day they called Christmas...

When this day come Forest wolfes leave their lair among the trees, polar tigers leave the snowy mountains,Dark wings fall from the sky and phoenixs come down from the top of the volcanoes just for one reason, celebrate the strongs conections betwen them.
    But time also change and when the firsts player played on server for the first time the magic of Christmas gone, all creatures stayed with fear and afraid of what new players could do to hurt them.
    Years and years passed and Christmas never come back but one night when he was flying in your Cloud shadow Dstruptor when realized that something wrong because he heard a high scream, brave he come down to the sky and approached to one of the seriously injured creatures, they was very scared like a animal that never see a player in their life.
    He back home to family and take care of wound creature and it recover at all in 2 months, they sayed goodbye each other and it fly to home.
    Already at home the creature talk with family and convinced them that the players were not bad after all as they thought and also love and care as anyone animal.
    The new spread out around the world and in 25 of December all creatures back again to the main server and celebrated with players and learn the old and new traditions of Christmas like give presents and tell jokes between them.

The Christmas end like as it should end, with a hot chocolate after a snowball fight. And from that day on, Christmas became a celebration of unity among all…

Merry Christmas…

Nickname: Dstruptor
    Server: 4-warlord

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. catwoman

catwoman New Member

If the self-doubt is highest, Lydia Davis is close. I already knew this writer of short stories, and knew without ever reading anything from her that she would have it all for me. I even recommended her to others. Just now I was in the bath with her book 'Visit to her husband and other stories', there was time for a story or thirteen before the water became tepid. The last story I read is called 'The mouse' and starts like this: 'First a poet writes a story about a mouse, in the moonlight in the snow, how the mouse tries to hide in its shadow, how the mouse climbs up against its sleeve. and he shakes it off in the snow before he knows what clings to his sleeve. His cat is nearby and her shadow falls on the snow, and she is sitting behind the mouse. Then a woman reads his story in the bath. Half of her hair is dry and half is floating in the bath water. She thinks it's a good story. "There I stopped reading, I washed my hair and thought about the mouse we once caught in a trap. I read with wet hair. "In the morning there is a man in the kitchen on the stool (...) at the sink, and has their young cat in his arms, while his broad pink hands hold her neck and rub his thumbs over the crown of her head , and behind him the woman leans against his back, her breasts crushed against his shoulder blades, her hands closed over his chest, and they have put bread crusts on the counter so that the mouse smells and waits for the mouse to appear, blindly, and the young cat catches him. "The mouse in our trap did not survive the blow. Our kitchen was in a different place and we were younger. I had one baby in my stomach and one who could not yet sit without help. It was far from 2013. Well now. The time has come, the new year has begun, and it really starts with the discovery of a new writer. Her stories are short but you will continue for a year. I wish everyone a new writer or writer, one who has it all for you.
    nickname catwoman
    server 82 stronghold

4. Ƥraice♘

Ƥraice♘ Member

The best Christmas wish for the young hero that lived in the place called, Glory City, would be to explore the Netherlands.The young hero was next in line to the throne, he had already displayed his worth to his father, King Reid. However, being a usual worried father and king, the young hero was not allowed to set foot out of his future land, as his father was worried that he might go to the Netherlands and never to return. Thus, the only thing the young hero longed for was to venture out into the Netherlands. And try to catch a glimpse of the famous creature that was known to be beautiful and also deadly, that if any person were to encounter it, they would never to be able to break from a curse.

As Christmas approached, the young hero managed to convince his father to allow him to explore the Netherlands, but he had to be extra careful. The young hero smiled and reassured his father that he would do as told.

When it was time to set off, the young hero waved goodbye to his father before heading off into the Netherlands.

As the young hero emerged further into the unknown, he had a chill and turned to see a girl that appeared to look around the age of him. Curious about her, the young hero approached her for a better look. Upon seeing her magnificent beauty, the young hero immediately regretted and he sprinted back to his horse, before taking off back to his future land.

Upon reaching home, the young hero decided to go and inform his father of his return. However, the moment he stepped into the throne room, his was dumbfounded. The girl that he saw in the Netherlands, was standing in front of his father, telling him that she has come to seek the young hero.

After a few moments, the young hero apologized to his father and brought the girl out of the throne room, into a private room. From there, the girl explained the curse that was set upon him since the moment he saw her. The young hero then explained that he would do whatever he could to break the curse.

As days went by, the young hero grew weary of his only ability, and just accepted the fact that the curse could not be broken. And he did know one thing for sure, he was starting to fall in love with the girl. Little did the young hero know that his one Christmas wish was going to change his and the City’s future forever.

The curse was that both the young hero and the girl would be inseparable.

Name: Ƥraice♘
    Server: S62 Ruby
    UID: mapi_1985577
    Platform ID: 18898402

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  5. Xen Hexia

Xen Hexia Active Member

Now this is the story all about how
    My life got flipped, turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute just sit real pretty
    I'll tell you how I became a warrior in Glory City
    In west Glory City born and raised
    On the battlefield where I spent most of my days
    Hiding and seeking in DW all cool
    And all goal shooting brazukas outside of the school
    When a couple of knights, they were up to no good
    Started making trouble in Elven Woods
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    And said "You're flying away on a dragon so take to the air!"
    I whistled for a dragon and when it came near the
    License plate said "blood" and it had dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this dragon was rare
    But I thought nah, forget it, yo take to the air!
    I pulled up to the woods about seven or eight
    And I yelled to the dragon "Yo, bones smell you later!"
    Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
    To sit on my dragon and ride through the air
    Xen Hexia S70 Shard 300647714521

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Penny and Ƥraice♘ like this.
  6. Katherine [15009779]

Katherine [15009779] New Member

Brrrrr…look outside! First snowflakes start falling down, what’s that? Is December, the season who bring around cold, ice and snow! With close steps the Christmas knocks at our door! But hey, the Christmas felling cover up the people hearts all around the world: the lights, Christmas decoration, Christmas songs, trees decorated with nice joyful and colored decoration all around make’s us fell inside the spirit of holidays, joy and happiness, sometimes a felling hard to describe in words, but for sure the best one!

With all of this, some people don’t know about a magical place where Christmas is almost the same, but have some “sparkles” others don’t have. So…let me tell you all how Christmas look in our magical place named “Glory City”. This magical world have inside hero’s, dragons and mystical creatures who live together sharing love and happiness between them for a long while…. but when Christmas is coming we can see on the streets how dragons fly around decorate the sky with flames, streets covered with fairy dust everywhere who give a special sparkle into the snow, and like in normal city’s, all our brave hero’s houses are loaded with lights and Christmas decorations! This little city grew up a lot of brave hero’s ready to fight and show their strengths!

24th December is here! All little hero’s run around the streets having a snowball fight, hard to walk on Glory City streets in that night and to don’t get a snowball in your way…., but what is the best after a snowball fight in this special night? Yesssss…., the smell of cookies just taken out from oven and the warm from the fireplace inside of house!

Tick tock….tick tock…. Middle of Christmas night is approach, guess who we wait to come on that time? I have one clue to share – what is Christmas without sharing and presents? Silence lies over our little city…in the houses we hear just the fire as it burns at the fireplace and all our little hero’s have a deep sleep…tick tock…tick tock…., what’s the morning bring in our way? Look under the Christmas tree!!!! Oh wow ~ full of presents!!! Who did this? Was Santaaaa….so with full of joy and happiness all start unpack the gifts, smiling and chuckling!!!!

Merry Christmas Dragon Blood world!!! :cool:

Nickname: Katherine
    Server: S84:Kingdom
    ID: 360777252898

7. MysteryGirl

MysteryGirl New Member

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the kingdom
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a goddess;
    The stockings were hung by the guild with care,
    In hopes that the MOD soon would be there;
    The guild was nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of sweets danced in their heads;
    The whole guild was set for Guild Battle,
    And had just finished s-time chaos,
    When in the Guild Dungeon there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from my dragon to see what was the matter.
    When I opened the world chat window,
    I saw a huge word fight.
    When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    An MOD threatening to ban everyone!
    He was so lively and quick,
    We all chuckled to ourselves.
    More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
    He yelled now shut up to all and follow the game chat rules!

Nickname: ⱮƐᶑƲṤѦ
    Server: s43: Red Witch
    Game ID: 11705477

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    player [17146158] likes this.
  8. MichAnd

MichAnd Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

Heroes!

As you may know, Christmas contest is came to an end! Now it is to to announce results. Check below the list of winners:

1st place: Xen Hexia
    2nd place: Medusa
    3rd place: Katherine
    4th place: Ƥraice♘
    5th place: catwoman

The list of rewards:

1st place: Warm Winter Set
    2nd place: Flame Monster
    3rd place: Happiness Set
    4th place: Devil Wings
    5th place: Wings of Fire

Each participant will receive an incentive prize: Crafting Stones x100

Thank you for your participation and congratulations for the winners!

9. ᗩᒪᒪᎩ

ᗩᒪᒪᎩ Active Member Moderator

Good job everyone! Very nice story's! Congrats to you all!

10. Katherine [15009779]

Katherine [15009779] New Member

Thank you, is there any possibility to get something else in exchange of the 3rd place reward?
    I already have the Happiness Set :(

Alexandre likes this.
  11. MysteryGirl

MysteryGirl New Member

Thank you very much. Congrats to all the winners!

ⱮƐᶑƲṤѦ
    s43 Red Witch

12. Xen Hexia

Xen Hexia Active Member

Thank you! First time winning anything in these :D just in case I have my player id again here...300647714521 Xen Hexia

Penny likes this.
  13. Ƥraice♘

Ƥraice♘ Member

Thxs and congrats to the winner :)

Sriracha likes this.
  14. catwoman

catwoman New Member

thx and congratz to all winners

MysteryGirl likes this.
  15. Alexandre

Alexandre New Member

congrats all and get ready for valentine constest... kkkkk

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Sriracha and MysteryGirl like this.
  16. Alexandre

Alexandre New Member

Well the best reward in my opinion its the flame monster and it is reward of 2nd place but the most important its participate and interact among us after all this is the true meaning of Christmas or New Year kkkk

ⱮƐᶑƲṤѦ and Sriracha like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.