Arena PVP getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'Help and support' started by LaPeste, Nov 15, 2016.

1. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

So... today this game made me wonder again how the hell was it coded and how the heck does this arena thing work and why i keep on wasting my time posting this things in this forum that NOBODY seems to care to read

[​IMG]

So there is this guy, super cool buddy, hardcore casher.... how the heck can he kill me in arena if i am over his whole set of stats aside from accuracy? someone please explain me how this works, i can understand that someone with better stats than me destroy me in arena... but this? This is ridiculous
    He has Ascension 7 i have ascension 8
    He has Tormentor 5 i have tormentor 7
    He has Battle armor 6 i have battle armor 7
    He has quilling hand 7 and i have quiling hand 7 as well
    He has scarlet 3 - 7 i have scarlet 4 - 4
    He has magic stones 6 5 5 5 i have magic stones 6 6 6 6
    His cloak is 6 - 0 mine cloak is 8 - 4
    his demon is 7 - 4 my demon is 8 - 2
    He does not have dissaster swords i have both of them 5-2 5- 0
    EDIT
    I have apocalypse sword full skills purified like 100 times or more.... he does not have it he is playing with the smasher

I wont write down the skills books cos those do not apply in arena, and i will not show the mount cos the mount does not apply in arena either, he has no special dress and even if he does that do not apply in arena either

I honestly dont care how much he cashed this game or the items he may have or elixirs he could get from the events.... his stats are not even close to mine, his level is not even close to mine

His BR is 2.796.844 and my BR is 3.802.712... i am 1million over him....

What is wrong with this game? this is honestly starting to piss me off....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  2. Varen

Varen New Member

I'll be the first to admit that some of things that happen in arena seem odd. But, this seems pretty easy to explain. Accuracy is really important.

My interpretation of how you get hit is that it is largely controlled by your relative dodge to opponents accuracy; Accuracy vs Dodge. He has a 2:1 advantage relative to you in this area. Your attack and defense, which determine relative damage when hit, aren't that far apart (as a %). You have a decent advantage in critical vs endurance which would mean you would crit more often. But, if you aren't hitting in the first place, pretty much every other stat is moot. Since you are basically equal in HP, if you are getting hit a bit more often than hitting, you will lose every time.

The actual mechanics of everything are probably more complex than I am explaining but in simple terms, here is what I believe every stat does:
    Attack: Damage dealt when a hit occurs on enemy; offset by opponents defense, enhanced if critical is scored
    Defense: Damage absorbed when hit; relative to attack received
    Accuracy: Chance to hit; offset by opponents dodge
    Dodge: Chance to avoid being hit; relative to opponents accuracy
    Critical: Chance to score a critical when you hit and damage is done; offset by opponents endurance
    Endurance: Chance to avoid a critical hit; relative to opponents critical score.

I would think that the actual calculation (in terms of % not simple add/subtract) of hitting is a combination of maybe a couple stats with accuracy being heavily weighted. There is most likely a random number 'roll' calculated along with the stat comparisons. This would be the randomness seen fight to fight; with no 'roll' every fight would be the same.

My theory would be easy for you to check... have your buddy drop his accuracy stat down by changing equipment or whatnot (Despot Set- 3rd skill adds 125K accuracy)

And accuracy is usually the reason people have a hard time killing Hall of Glory or Treasure Palace bosses.. DODGE.. DODGE... DODGE

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. LaPeste

LaPeste Member

meanwhile i cant say if you are right or wrong, i can say that i never saw a dodge in the arena in my life... and if the DMG is related to the accuracy and the amount of accuracy bypass the 23k points and 37k atk above the other player def ... then the arena formulas are just simply wrong.... one stat cant override the rest.... in that case i will just get an accuracy set and that would do the trick for the entire game.... if that is the case.. accuracy is badly OP and we didnt know about that

4. Varen

Varen New Member

A couple things;

-Accuracy is very important; you have to hit in order to do damage.
    -Accuracy has little or nothing to do with damage after the hit; maxing accuracy and minimizing other stats will allow you to hit very often and also do very little damage in the process; i.e. you still lose.
    -Messaging (and special skills and probably other things) appear to be muted in arena. You are correct; no dodge shown. Doesn't mean it isn't happening. Watch what you can see tho; the HP bar. It might give you an idea of who is hitting who more often and if the hits cause a lot of damage.
    -If you took that 37K attack advantage (37K being 5.5% of 669K) and move it to accuracy (37K being 25% of 146K). You would do much better...

Oh and since you mentioned a 1M BR advantage; BR by itself doesn't mean squat. It's a tally of things that are not equal in game usefulness. In this case; you very likely have much higher resistances (mute, poison, dismount, stun, slow) all of which aren't used in arena. If you could see that ones that actually mean something (and they were weighted appropriately) your Arena BR's would be much closer.

Another side note about BR; set bonuses (e.g. the 125K accuracy I mentioned for Despot set) are NOT calculated in shown BR.