after FLASH

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by suexeire, Mar 12, 2019.

1. suexeire

suexeire New Member

any news on what is going to happen after the death of FLASH? many rumours game is ending...any info appreciated thanks

2. ♥ Ali Cat ♥

♥ Ali Cat ♥ Member Moderator

Hi as I said last night in CSA we will be asking the developers for an up date and will get back to everyone when they have responded
    Thanks for asking.

3. suexeire

suexeire New Member

ASAP please as people are in a panic. ppl dont want to continue spending on uncertainty. the closing of tickets is a red flag to some. thanks for the reply

4. ♥ Ali Cat ♥

When one person starts a rumour it can quickly get out of hand.
    Usually when one app closes another one takes over.
    I'm sure when we get a reply one of us will post.

Please keep an eye on the forum as we will post here first.

5. Marvin Green

Marvin Green New Member

The lack of an answer on this is speaking volumes at the moment

6. Evie

Evie New Member

Well it doesnt look good for 101xp one little bit, with all the press that is going on with flash being fazed out, which has already begin. They have not responded to anyone asking what they are going to be doing about not being able to play the game once flash is no longer going to be used. All I see is nothing but more and more events to soak more money out of the players, its gonna be sad when a lot of people have forked out tons of money and they wont be able to play this game or any game that relies on flash.

7. Nathan Hall

Nathan Hall Active Member

I really wasn't going to say a word about any of this, but let's look at some facts. Yes, facts.

1. It was known since 2017 that Adobe Flash was being phased completely out by the end of 2020.
    2. In 2018 Microsoft Edge required users to allow Flash, by mid 2019, IE and Edge will have it disabled by default and will remove it completely by mid-late 2020.
    3. Chrome, Firefox and Safari made similar timelines as Microsoft.
    4. There is no easy or inexpensive way to convert Flash games to HTML5.
    5. It is not easy at all (and has much potential for error and corruption) to convert a database used in a Flash game to one usable by HTML5 (for those who do not understand the importance of this, let me put it plainly, there is a big chance that the player database and all your stuff will get corrupted and LOST...as in poof, gone, bye bye...all your money spent gets flushed down the toilet.)
    6. When were mods and developers asked about this? Well it was known in 2017 that Adobe was phasing out Flash. I asked Mods about it almost 2 yrs ago, then again several times directly to the IT team of 101xp (including the CM and DM) while I was a mod A year ago I asked Miki about it again. Each time the answer was either dead silence (from 101xp directly) or "I will ask the devs and as soon as we hear anything, we will tell you."

To date, more than 18 months after initially sending in a ticket and asking different mods, I have gotten no response aside from those.

So, AliCat's allusion that this is a rumor about Adobe Flash being discontinued. Please feel free to do a search on the Internet. It is not a rumor, it is a point of fact since about June 2017.

https://www.computerworld.com/artic...t-and-mozilla-will-eliminate-adobe-flash.html
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2554751 <--includes the roadmaps of major browsers to end Flash support timelines.

Point of Fact: With Firefox update 69, Firefox has Flash disabled by default and you must manually enable it. Chrome did this in late 2018/January 2019. This also holds true for most if not all derivatives of Firefox 69 and Chromium browsers (ie: Waterfox, Pale Moon, Ice Dragon, etc)

So, we've now established that Flash's End of Life is real and not a rumor. We've also established that there are possible ways to convert Flash .SWF files to HTML5 but they are problematic and require the source code of the game. And based on observation of the lack of fixes to even grammatical or spelling errors, let alone other actual game mechanic bugs that have not been fixed in the 3+ years I've been playing, logic dictates they do not have the source code. Why? 101xp is a Russian company. On many occasions you will see Chinese characters that then get translated to English. If they owned the source code or wrote it, logically those words that get converted to English would be in Cyrillic letters not Chinese.

Now let's look at some additional information brought up by Evie, and others:

Prior to this information becoming more or less public knowledge to the players, (and the timeline to EoL for Flash getting closer and browsers starting to disable Flash by default) major events like the Super Discount Mall and such were rare, like once every 4 months. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. Various other special shops were also rare. and there was more leeway between events. Now it's more of a revolving door. As soon as one finishes, more happen, like Brewing, Explore the Maze, Explore the Castle, etc have all been happening more frequently.

Why? Logically it can only be to get as much money from the players as possible before they wise up and stop spending, especially those who are not technologically inclined enough to know how to re-enable Flash manually, or get fed up with having to re-enable it every time the game crashes and they have to restart the browser. Why would they be so worried about getting as much money as possible as quickly as possible?

1. They have no plans to convert the game to HTML5.
    2. They don't own the source code and therefore have no ability to convert the game to HTML5
    3. They already tried to convert the game to HTML5 and it became corrupted and wouldn't work.
    4. They already tried to convert the game to HTML5, it worked but the Player database that contains every single player in the game's information, their equipment, gems, etc, etc became corrupt and after conversion everyone would have to start over and they know people will just quit, and possibly attempt to sue 101xp.

So do the math yourselves people, do some research for yourselves. Oh, and those of you who play through Facebook are double hosed. You have to hope that FB and 101xp BOTH make the conversion to HTML5.

And I hope some of you get to read this before it gets removed by a moderator or the 101xp staff. And I hope you all get used to hearing nothing but silence from 101xp while they pick your pockets. A lot of you have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars recently. Quite a few formerly big spenders have either left entirely, barely play, stopped spending money here. Maybe the rest of you should ask yourselves why.

8. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

No wonder btw, flash is worst for games and was outdated already in 2011, when I heard about its end for first time. Just surprised that some companies still develop games for flash - and not sure about DB, but DG and QOD aren't 101s games, 101 is only publisher - as ex mod I believe you know this, so blaming 101... oh well, yes, maybe for their willingness for publishing flash games. But about this I have my personal opinion. :D

Btw, DB facebook accounts can't be transferred to portal? DG accounts yes...

9. Nathan Hall

Hmmm, AliCat says back in March that she'll talk to the devs and will reply once they respond. So....4 months later and the devs haven't responded to AliCat, who then hasn't responded to the questions posed. There has been no response to my post by any 101xp staff member. As Marvin stated, 101xp's complete lack of response is very telling. I told the moderators 2 YEARS ago, no response. They were told 18 months ago yet again, and still gave no response, and they've been told over and over and over again, asked over and over again by their CUSTOMERS, and yet, there has been no response by anyone who works for 101xp. Where is their claimed Customer Service? Where is there response? Other companies provide regular updates to their customers, does DB? No. The only thing they do is increase the number of events to separate people from their money, decrease the time between these events so that they can take more money from people.

It is customary, and good business practice, that when a piece of software is going extinct that a timeline is provided for rolling out a replacement product, with regular updates on the progress of the new software. The company I work for has provided regular updates to it's employees AND it's customers on the timeline for the replacement of software and websites using Flash. The development team I work with on a daily basis provides weekly updates in fact. I work for the IT department for my company and am often asked by the production supervisors and leads, "hey, how is this going to affect us and our customers?" I walk 20 ft to the local development team, or send an email to the entire dev team, and within 24 hrs I am provided an answer (usually get one within 10-30 mins actually, unless I pose the question on a Friday at 8pm, in which case I get an answer by noon on Saturday) from the Development team supervisor with specifics. As a real life example, my part of the IT department uses several tools built using Flash to access the SQL database with customer information. 2 weeks ago, I inquired on what the plan was to replace the tool. We were sent an email stating that the alpha version of the HTML5 tool was in development, with a list of features, their current status (ie: in development, in testing, tested and functional, partially functional, etc) with a link to look at and test it in the dev boxes. We also use VMWare's vSphere which uses a Flash console to access our VM servers and I sent an email to VMware asking for information on their plans for after Flash is defunct. I received a response in 48 hours letting us know that they have 2 things in development, an HTML5 based console, and a stand alone console that will integrate with our dommain controller, essentially reading the domain controller, everything attached to the domain tree, which would provide a list of VMs, a preview of it in a small window, a summary of information about the VM, the ability to edit the VM on the fly. I was provided the current state of both projects, approximate time for testing and release. We were also provided a link to download the alpha copies of both and asked if we'd like to have a VMware rep come out to provide us a demonstration to use the new software and if we'd like to be part of testing the new software, free of charge, and told if we became part of the rest group that we would also be provided an Enterprise level copy of both software with a free license to test the software, and be given a discount on the finished release.

So, to reiterate, and put it simply, from 101XP we get: Silence, decrease in timing of events to increase people spending money, new events to increase spending by people, refusal to fix bugs and outstanding issues with the game, and 101XP does not provide updates to players nor even their volunteer moderators both of whom 101XP treats like mushrooms.

Professional companies we get: Weekly updates on progress, answers to questions in a timely manner, feedback on suggestions for things to add, assistance, information, and follow up and follow through.

Conclusion? All 101xp cares about is our money. not providing customer service, a good product/game, and is completely unprofessional and acts in an unethical manner.

10. Nathan Hall

So let's see, original post was March 12, 2019. A response from AliCat on same day that they would check with the devs and reply back as soon as they responded...and for the next 6 months, nothing, not a single word from the moderators nor the Community Manager, nor the Developers.

What have we gotten in place of an explanation or a response to their CUSTOMERS? A significant increase in events that cost money. Tomorrow a "new" event starts, the "August Festival" which includes the Super Discount Mall, 2 weeks ago, we had a different event that didn't include the Super Discount Mall but was geared towards recharging. Two weeks before that, another event with the super discount mall. These types of events up until the last few months of 2018 were held how often? About once every 3-4 months. Super Discount Mall was mostly only on the 4 major events also. This is how it was for 3 years.

So you need to stop and ask yourself, "What changed? What's the common denominator?" Well at the end of 2018 it became more widely known that which those of us in IT knew 2+ years ago, that Adobe would stop updating and supporting Flash in 2020 and that the major browsers and Adobe had worked on a timeline to remove Flash completely from the browsers before that targeted end-date. We have begun the 3rd Quarter of 2019 which will last until Sept 2019. Following that is 4th Quarter of 2019 which ends in Dec. As of July 2019 Chromium project (which includes Chrome and other major browsers) have disabled Flash by default and you have to go through some hoops to enable it. Shortly all browsers will have Flash disabled by default. Then by end of 2nd Quarter 2020 (that means June 2020) browsers start to remove it completely. That means in 10 months from now you will not be able to play Dragon Blood through the 101xp portal nor Facebook portal if you use those browsers (along with any other Flash games or any other content requiring Flash (and for those of you who don't know, this includes a lot of streaming videos).

Just about every single 101xp game uses Flash player. So their entire collections of games will be dead and gone, completely and totally unplayable. The moderators are kept in the dark by the Community Manager and the "Developers" and have given no concrete information on the future of the games. Have any of you asked yourself WHY all we hear is "I'll find out" or "I'll ask the developers" and we never hear anything back? Or ask WHY they've put money event after money event in every 2 weeks? 101xp does not own the source code of this game. They purchase the game and modify config files and upload graphical art into the pre-compiled game created by some Chinese game developer. They have zero ability to code the game, make changes to the game except for modification of the config files as I said above. None, zero, nada, zilch. The "developers" employed by 101xp are not coders nor are they true developers. A coder/developer/software engineer has the ability and access to change the source code of a program in order to make fundamental changes to the logic, design, and implementation of the software. I'll give you an example.

Basic code:

10 Print "Hello World"

Output: Hello World

A coder/developer can make a change to that basic code:

10 Input "What do you want to say?"; x
    20 Print x

Output: "What do you want to say?"
    <waits for you to type>
    <you type:> Hi

Output: Hi

This is a very very very basic program.

What do the 101xp "developers" do? Let's give you an example:

(Somewhere on the server, someone executes "lk.exe" or whatever the executable is (like you double clicking on an icon for Word to open it)

Output:
    This is your first time setting up your new Legends of Knights game! What do you want your game to be called?
    <waits for input>
    <DB dev types> Dragon Blood

Output:
    Awesome. Please modify lk.cfg in the root directory and edit your game information"
    <lk.cfg opens and looks something like this by default>

Game Name = "Legend Knight"
    Server IP Address = "127.0.0.1"
    Graphic file location = "c:\legendknight\graphics"
    Music File location = "c:\legendknight\sounds\music"
    Max Level = "179" *remark to increase max level please purchase legendknight upgrade package
    etc etc. Then the DB "developer" makes changes like this, for example:

Game Name = "Dragon Blood"
    Server IP Address = "178.248.237.132"
    Graphic file location = "e:\dragonblood\graphics"
    Music File location = "e:\dragonblood\sounds\music"
    Max Level = "179"
    etc etc. And after that, you have a new game called Dragon Blood. They changed the config file and graphics for Dragon Glory and the rest of the games as well, but "under the hood"? Same code. To give you a better idea, they RENT a house from someone else, changed the window blinds from horizontal to vertical, the color from green to blue, painted the house which was originally blue to a white, mowed the lawn and claim its a brand new house and say they OWN it, yet their lease is still a lease.

That is why they have NEVER been able to fix a bug, or stupidly simple spelling or grammatical mistakes. It is also why they CANNOT convert the game to HTML5. They CANNOT convert your character to HTML 5, and why on or before December 2020 every single cent you have spent on your characters will be for nothing, and why they are shoving so many events in to separate you from your money as much and as quickly as possible. It is also why they have not and most likely will not ever respond let alone give concrete information because then they would have to admit all of this and lose out on all the money you players continue to spend.

And here's the kicker, when Flash does die, they will disappear go to another game company, purchase another company's game executable and create a new domain, reform their company under a new name and do it all over again and continue laughing at all of us who've spent money.

The last time I spent money was Sept 2018, a whole whopping $14, $2 a day for a week, in order to get my GoN. All told I've spent less than $100 of my own money, plus about $50 from a Visa gift card I won from a former employer. So I haven't lost much, but those of you who've spent thousands of dollars and continue to spend money for each of these events? I feel sorry for all of you, unfortunately PT Barnum and Thomas Tusser were right.

11. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

ᗩᒪᒪᎩ likes this.
  12. ●ᴾᴱᴾᴾᴲᴿᴹїᴻᵀ●

●ᴾᴱᴾᴾᴲᴿᴹїᴻᵀ● Active Member

I have asked DB mods, many times, what this is "We'd also like to remind you that playing via a browser isn't the only way to enjoy the games available on our platform! For a comfortable pastime in 101XP titles we recommend you to try our Game Center client that is optimized for Flash technologies.". The responses I received was "IDK and Ill ask and get back to you on that" to never hear back every time I ask. Are we asking the wrong mods? Should we be asking DG mods instead?

13. Bejszi

Bejszi Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  14. ●ᴾᴱᴾᴾᴲᴿᴹїᴻᵀ●

THank you, it is appreciated. Google translates the page but looks like it is only for windows and not Mac.

15. ●ᴾᴱᴾᴾᴲᴿᴹїᴻᵀ●

and WHAT??? you are not a mod???

16. ●ᴾᴱᴾᴾᴲᴿᴹїᴻᵀ●

Dragon GLory is there but Dragon BLood is not. :(

17. Nathan Hall

"For a comfortable pastime in 101XP titles we recommend you to try our Game Center client that is optimized for Flash technologies.".

Optimized for Flash means it still uses Flash and also will stop working when Flash dies.

And Bejzi, in my post I did state they don't own the game which is why they cannot port it over to HTML 5 and why when Flash dies everyone loses everything, the game shuts down, and why 101XP is pushing so many events to take people's money while they can.

18. ♥ Ali Cat ♥

As you said Nathan I would reply when I have an answer, as I'm waiting to find out I have no answer to give hence I had not replied.

19. Nathan Hall

I know Ali, and it's not your fault, it's the fault of 101xp who keep you in the dark and feed the players nothing bunch lies and empty promises, when they bother to reply at all. Apparently we are all mushrooms in their eyes, including the mods.