20 % taxes nonsense

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Zalgiris, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all,

Just did a small test now and just read EU law ...

Can someone explain to me a few things? And how legal is that? By the EU law, I can`t find any legal solution...
    1. People who playing via facebook not paying 20 % vat tax...(2 screenshots)
    2. People who playing via 101xp.com website paying 20 % taxes on top of purchase (1 screenshot)[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. J A S

J A S New Member

CompSci Degree!!! Anything computer related
    The first charge is $250, what is the 2nd charge? Also, the British Sterling/pound is one of the strongest currency in the world. Other countries pay a lot of taxes in currency exchange in these type of games.

3. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

1 Screen I was logged with my main char via 101 website
    2 I created new char on the same server via my facebook account and wanted to pay same 250 USD and it was converted to 202 GBP and no taxes at all ...So how to understand this??? I`m VIP 8... So by paying via 101xp website I lost 100 GBP what is equal 10000 balens. Why there is no information about this nowhere before we starting our game...?????????

4. J A S

J A S New Member

The reason you got more money by converting GBP into USD is because GBP is worth more money than the USD. So for every GBP you get
    US Dollar1 USD = 0.793472 GBP

British Pound1 GBP = 1.26028 USD
    So, it's better to pay via USD for anyone in the UK...it's not that one site is charging more or less, it's currency conversion and what the exchange rate is for that day.

5. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax please see link attached what is the VAT taxes...

6. Wishkers

Wishkers New Member

You think you have it bad? I'm in Ireland and I get this:

[​IMG]

For reference:

[​IMG]

7. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Yes it is bad ... Try to create new acc via facebook and try to get balens ... You will see. If facebook players not paying taxes we should have opportunity to login via facebook and buy balens same rate as them. EU law is strictly forbidden to discriminate any people or show double standarts like this... I opened support ticket about this and someone from devs should be in touch with me soon. My lawyer said same thing :)

8. J A S

J A S New Member

It's not that Facebook are NOT paying taxes, they are. What is happening is that Facebook is USA based. Since the GBP is worth more than the US dollar, the exchange you get works out better for anyone in GBP to use USA site to recharge, since 1 us dollar is only 79 cents compared to the GBP

9. MommysRule

MommysRule Active Member

Please be aware that VAT is charged by YOUR country, not by the game. The amount is not determined by the location of the service you are purchasing (such as in game currency from 101xp) but by your location. The game has no control over this tax. 101xp follows the EU VAT tax rules and has this policy which you can read on the main site at https://en.101xp.com

VAT policy
    On January 1, 2015, new rules regulating the determination and payment of VAT became active in the countries of the European Union. VAT rates for B2C companies no longer depend on the company’s registered location but on the location of the user. This means that the tax rate paid by a company for one and the same product will now vary for players from the various countries of the European Union. You can read information on VAT rates on the European Union’s website, at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/tic/public/vatRates/vatratesSearch.html

These adjustments, enacted by Directive 2006/112 / EC, are designed to establish fair and equal taxation for foreign and European citizens and honest competition among companies fighting for European users. The VAT payment requirements apply to all companies selling electronic goods or services. Even if only one resident of the European Union has transferred funds to a company’s account for a virtual item, the company is responsible to correctly determine and pay VAT for that purchase.

The Directive describes in more detail which products are considered electronic goods and services. This document may be accessed at:http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:077:0001:0022:EN:PDF

The cost for buying virtual currency in our games is displayed without VAT, and the end user’s cost may differ depending on the country he or she is located in.

10. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Mommys I`m having now another issue... Past 2 hours I tried to link my game account with facebook account just not working for me... I can see that my account is linked but when I`m trying to log in via facebook its just says new user and create new nick and character... Any advise what to do? I used all my knowing ways. J A S she was trying to help me but still no result

11. MommysRule

MommysRule Active Member

I do not think that its possible to go backwards from 101xp to Facebook. I do know you can move from playing FB to playing on 101xp portal. This is another question I will need to get more information for you from the company.

12. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Anyway, if you wish to bind your accounts - please, start a new game on Facebook, on the same server. Then send us:
    1) Nickname and server of your original character
    2) Nickname of your new character on Facebook.
    We'll write over the new character with the old one's data, and you'll be able to use both Portal and facebook.

I receive this answer via Facebook 10 minutes ago

13. MommysRule

MommysRule Active Member

ok, yes that was answered by tech team, I just logged in FB app page and checked....so go for it!!!!

14. Kaunas

Kaunas Well-Known Member

Ok guys just a quick update about my situation :
    1. Yesterday evening I was contacting tech team and explained details about my issue.

2. In one hour had an answer from tech team that the things what I`m asking is available and I need to provide info what they asked.

3. Today in a morning received a message that my data was transferred and I can login same account via Facebook game app

4. So I did that and as I explained in my screenshots in a previous post I recharged via the Facebook game app and avoided 20 % vat taxes ...

5. Because of that 20 % vat taxes in my total recharge I lost minimum 10000 balens and this really shame...

Summary : I don`t know about the other countries but UK players are ripped off if they playing and recharging via 101 websites... Had a chat with 6 players and all confirmed that via 101 websites 20 % vat exist...